Wednesday, March 3, 2004

A moment of silence please... (Brandon mass email)

We all knew it would have to come to an end, but I know most of you are probably like me and not afraid to hide your tears. We spent a lot of time with him, loved him like he was one of our family, and most of us are probably prepared to trade our fiances for just one more minute with him (I know I am). But let's face it folks, his time is over.

Ed McCaffery, we will miss you.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1749139

It could have been worse, he could have crippled by a bus, died of a concussion-induced coma, or even worse, retired a Raider, but he did it on his own terms. He said "I made that catch against the Washington Redskins in 1995 just so Brandon Schrenk could look over at his brother and say 'This guy's going to be huge'", and "Brandon Schrenk, that is the greatest football fan, EVER!!"

But now he says "It's time to move on and let some other tall lanky white guy with no discernable talent whatsoever, but who will work as hard as I did, lead my Broncos to their 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Superbowl victories." Don't we all wish we had the care for our fellow man this man possesses?

I have started the process through my chain of command to have the flags flown at half-mast for the next 87 days, but I think my attempts may fall short of the President. They might not even make it to the CNO. In fact, after a lengthy discussion and a hearty "get the hell out of my office, I have work to do" I don't think the petition will make it much farther than my boss's office.

But alas, please observe this moment of silence for this great man....

He was there when we needed him, and did more than we asked of him. He truly is "the GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-B-

PS. If anyone has Eddy's email, can you please forward this to him for me. Thanks.

0 comments: