Thursday, December 22, 2005

Back from Cuba (Brandon mass email)

Alrighty kiddos, here we go

Most of you should have received a Xmas letter by now so some of this will be repeated, but don't worry, it'll still be hilarious. If you haven't received one yet feel free to reply and yell at me like it's my fault, but don't forget to include your address on there somewhere, you ungrateful savages.

So the rumors are true...there is another generation of long, pointless emails full of humorless jokes on the way. Amy is due August 10th, 2006. As soon as I find the fool, I'm going to kill him :) For those of you who are whining because I didn't call you to let you know, you have two options:

1) Check your voicemail
2) Suck it up, I've been out of the country for a few weeks I didn't find out we were going to have our 8-12 lb money pit until the very day that I flew down to Cuba to check out the sites where my Seabees would be working. I then returned home just in time to send a Xmas letter telling everyone this. The next day I was told about a change of plans so I'm now headed to Kuwait from Feb until (with any luck) a few days before my child is born. So instead of the glory of leading a bunch of troops in some quality work, I will now be making coffee for some guy in the desert. Most of you are thinking "good thing - he's the last one we want him in charge of people". Well ha, ha, ha...I'm gonna be in charge of a kid.

For the one person who is actually concerned about my well being (and you know who you are) Kuwait is actually a very safe place. As my boss once put it "this deployment will be great - we'll get paid like we're getting shot at, but we won't be shot at!"

Back in June Amy's and my folks decided to come down to our place for Xmas because we had casinos, New Orleans, and great beaches. Oops. They're still headed down but the trip is mostly going to be a tour of what a devastated area can look like. If you want the tour yourself, just give me a call before Feb and we'll see if we can't set something up.

That's about all I have right now, so consider yourselves lucky. I'm serious about those Xmas cards though, we sent them four days ago so they should be there and we were working from a antiquated address list so now that you know it's on your shoulders to keep me updated both in current address and in life.

I miss you all, except for you (and you know who you are) and I'm not as good at the whole returning an email thing now that we can't use it at work but I'll keep trying. It's good to hear from anyone we can, and please make sure to check up on Amy while I'm gone

0 comments: