This was from a week ago. Sorry it's late, I'm pregnant and apparently very forgetful...Note: It has a little TMI in some places! Sorry!~
Wow, it was the week for doctor's appointments! Yesterday was my 11 week appointment. Everything looks great and the baby is doing just fine. In fact, the doctor said the baby is "really active" for me just being 11 weeks. (Go figure, Brandon's child can't sit still). :) I have a lot more appointments this time around. Texas has more regulations on genetic testing/screening. I lost 2 pounds since my last appointment (but I spent Monday night puking, so that might be why). Also, I'm already anemic and I have a UTI. So now I'm taking prenatal vitamins, DHA supplements, iron pills, and antibiotic and a stool softener. Tell you what, this pregnancy is NOTHING like my first (pray for a boy!).
Allison's appointment was this morning. She's 33.5" tall and 30 lbs, 11 oz. She off the charts but right on her "normal" line. We got answers to all of our questions (we LOVE our doctor!). Allison does have a little mild case of exczema (no idea if I spelled that right) but we're doing the right things for it already. She can eat peanut butter now but we have to wait until 2 years for shrimp since we have a family allergy. She can have things with honey flavoring or honey in them, just not raw honey. And she got 4 shots. The only thing the doctor was even mildly worried about was that she's not walking yet. She said she really doesn't think it's anything wrong with Allison (her muscles, etc) it's just that Allison is a big girl and it's going to take her some time. We're supposed to really work with her over the next month or so and if there are no major improvements, think about making an appointment with a Physical or Occupational Therapist. Then instead of waiting until 24 months (her next regular appointment), she wants to see us at 18 months, just to monitor the walking thing. But she said she's really not worried and thinks Allison will be walking by then anyway. Other than that, it went great! She's excited that Allison is signing and about the words she has in her speaking vocabulary: dad, dog, duck, Hunter, mom, bye/hi... (yes, dad, dog and duck sound eerily similar...you have to see what she's pointing at first!).
There are some great picures on our Shutterfly site: Allison's pictures. Can't get them to upload on our computer. I'll have Brandon try later from his laptop.
Well, that's the update for now! If anyone has ideas for exercises we can do with Allison to help her strengthen her legs, let me know!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment