So I was kind of hoping that my mom would just magically potty train Allison for me while we were in Denver. It didn't happen. And not because she didn't try (my mom, not Allison). The first day went REALLY well. She had 5 successes. The second day, there were none. We've been sort of trying since we got back. Allison has woken up from the night DRY which is MAJORLY HUGE for us. And she's been dry after nap almost every day. Pretty much, if she's dry after nap, we put her on the potty and then let her be in panties the rest of the day (unless we're going somewhere). We've had a couple of accidents and a couple of successes. Mostly though, I think she just hold it until she gets a diaper on. She woke up dry after nap today and had a success and got to wear panties but when it was time to try again (on HER call, not mine) she wouldn't sit for more than 30 seconds. So she's back in a diaper again. I know we'll get there but it's still VERY frustrating.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



3 comments:
Whoohoo, potty training is fun! Does Allison have a potty trained friend that come play for a day or two? I always joke that I did not potty train Leah, her friend Brynna did. She always wants to do everything that Brynna does. Some days I wonder if Leah is even really potty trained because it seems like she will just hold it until nap time or night time when I put a diaper on. She still does her number two in her diapers, which is no fun, but she is slowly getting there, the poopy diapers are much fewer and farther between lately. it will get easier, hang in there.
I am so not the person to give potty training advice, but with Tyson we waited till HE wanted to do it (3.5 years old) and then it only took like a day. I was beyond frustrated every time that I changed his diaper-I felt like the only mother of a three year old that was still wearing a diaper. Sigh...now we just have to wait 4 years for Tucker to want to learn!
Here's to potty training!
What?? you skip the Denver weekend on your blog??!! hehe....potty training sounds harder than engineering!
Post a Comment