In early November (I know, I'm WAY late on this one), we went to the Children's Festival in the Woodlands. We found a great deal on tickets and decided it was worth the drive. We got stuck in traffic on the way up there (because of an accident) which was good and bad. Jordan slept (good) but Allison didn't fall asleep until we were almost there (bad). BUT who did we see almost instantly after we came through the gates????
Houston PBS was there with George. They were giving out Curious George books and had all kinds of CG stuff. Can you see how happy she is?!
Clutch, the Rockets mascot, was there too. Allison was happy to see him too. He gave us a book too.
Up next on the agenda, BARNEY. As Brandon said, "He's bigger than the Beatles!" You should have heard the kids SCREAM when he took the stage.
At that point, Allison was more interested in her lunch than Barney.

But then, she and Monkey got up to dance.
And clap.
Jordan was having fun too! 
They had TONS of characters roaming around. Jordan was interested, but this is as close as she would get.
Allison enjoyed the Teddy Bear Clinic (sponsored by a doctor's office).
And the Candy Dumpster Diving
She was not a huge fan of the "papier mache" hats.
Overall, we had a REALLY good time. I'm glad we got the super cheap tickets because even though everything was free, lunch was not.
Big huge bonus of going up there - Hubbell & Hudson. We had to pass this place to get to and from our car. FANTASTIC. It's a market and a bistro. They've got produce, sushi, a deli, a bistro, wine, beer, catering, gelato, etc. Brandon got some Colorado beer that we hadn't seen elsewhere and he really liked it. We also got to sample their Thanksgiving catering menu. Words cannot describe how good it was. Brandon ate sweet potatoes (this doesn't EVER happen). SO, I talked Brandon into catering Christmas Eve. Since we're going to church, doing our big family dinner AND doing presents on Christmas Eve (his parents leave on Christmas Day), I thought this would make sense. Then no one has to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. The meal includes everything I would normally make (minus regular mashed potatoes) so I only have to make 1 thing (plus cookies of course!). Brandon's mom, my mom and I are going to pick it up on the 23rd, so we can play in the store. I really think they're going like it! I can't wait!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment