That's right, I bravely put my tail between my legs and ran with ferver from Ivan. We took all of our important stuff (wedding pictures, McCaffery and Elway jerseys, beer lamps, the toy dinosaur I stole from that kid who lives in the appt next door, and my bottle of Crown Royal Reserve) and high-tailed it.
Some of you had been wondering what I was doing while all of this was going on, so I've decided to keep you informed. Well, actually, no one seemed to care and I'm sending this email because it gives theappearance that I have lots of friends who care about me :)
But in all seriousness, we need to help those people down in the Mississippi/Alabama area through this tragedy. I don't even know if I have a house left, but I'll let you know as soon as I
1) Can even get back to Gulfport
2) Know if I have a house
3) Have the items required, or if they've been damaged or stolen
4) Have electrical power to my house so I can send another email
5) Etc.
I've also taken it upon myself to start a relief fund to help those in need. If you are interested, please send your money to the BenevolentReadiness Action Needed by those Demonstrating Obvious Need And Needing Donations Around Mississippi and Yearning to Secure Cash for Hurricane Relief to Everyone Needing Kindness.
Checks can be mailed to:
B.R.A.N.D.O.N.A.N.D.A.M.Y.S.C.H.R.E.N.K.
1525 E Pass Rd #1013
Gulfport MS 39507
And remember, give early and give often; these people need your help.
I hope you all are doing well, and honestly I'm a little scared that by the time I get back I won't have an appt to live in, and that all of the stuff we've left will have been stolen, but you know what...life goes on. That, and my renter's insurance is good for up to $40,000 and I have friends who'll let me sleep on their couch and let Amy sleep on the floor (they're top notch fellas!)
We'll see ya when we see ya!
-B-
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment