Sunday, February 5, 2006

Last American Newsletter for Awhile (Brandon mass email)

Well kids, it's that time.

I go to lockdown either Monday night or Tuesday morning, depending on what your outlook on 0130 is, and will be headed to Kuwait sometime soon after that. On the plus side, as long as I'm in Kuwait I should have access to this email account so you can write me if you're bored. But more importantly I can keep the newsletter going!!

First here is my address in Kuwait:

LTJG Schrenk, Brandon
NMCB SEVEN
UNIT 60252
FPO AA 34099-5061

A few days ago we went to the hospital again, and the doctor, feeling sorry for Amy (not for me leaving, just for being stuck with me in general) decided to take a few more snapshots of the kid to see if we could tell what the sex was. The kid was rolling like he was Jake Plummer chasing a fumble (just kidding, and if any of you blame Jake for the loss we're gonna rumble) and when it finally settled down, it crossed it's legs so we couldn't see anything. But as soon as the kid saw the camera it lifted it's hand to give a high five (or maybe throwing a cap?). The attached picture will assure you that this is my kid...and this one didn't even require any magnification!

The final diagnosis...We can't verify if it has boy parts or not. Gotta love science!

But back to me, I'll be back in August in sometime with any luck I'll be back before the kid gets here. And here's the assurance I got from my boss. There are two flights. If Amy is still pregnant when the first flight takes off, I'm on it. If Amy pops before that I'm taking the last flight, which could take off up to two weeks later, back. I've told Amy that when the doctor says "push", she is to immediately knock him out with a Chuck Norris style punch and cross her legs until I get into the room, even if it takes days. I think the plan is flawless.

So please keep in touch and let me know all the mundane details of your life because I'm going to need some distractions while I'm out there. I did my best to talk to most of you recently, but if I didn't I have one word of advice: Never do anything because there is an off chance that I could call.

Take care of Amy while I'm gone,
Hugs and kisses
-B-

0 comments: