It's that time again, boy howdy.
Have you called Amy recently?
So this email will center around concerts. Lee Greenwood came. Most of you say "Who?". He wrote the song "Proud to Be An Amercan" which, by the way, was another one of my memos that got rejected when I recommended that it replace "The Star Spangled Banner" as our national anthem. For those of you who aren't keeping track my last rejected memo was to have the flag hung at half mast for 87 days following Ed McCaffery's retirement. Different boss, same results - I think the Navy has something against either me or good ideas. You civilians need to write your Senators because I've exhuasted my options.
Anyway, back to Lee Greenwood. I've decided that the patriotism of 1000 soldiers, sailors, marines and seabees doesn't compare to the patriotism of 35 drunken cowboys when "Proud to Be an American" is being blasted from the speakers. For those who've been with me at the Grizzly Rose on a Saturday night, you know what I'm talking about.
Have you called Amy recently?
The other concert was Montgomery Gentry, which was awesome. Amy tells me they are much better when they can drink - even the bands have to obey the rules out here - but they were good anyway. I'm seeing a trend, though. The only artists who have the cajones to take join troops are those who play country music...Toby Kieth, Darryl Worley, Charlie Daniels, etc. "Bad mofos" like Jay-Z and J-Lo are proud to support the troops, as long as they don't have to get any closer to the Middle East than Germany. Weak.
But other than a few nights of fun we've been busy building stuff in the sand, dodging the dust storms (not as bad as Iraq, but not that much fun either), and trying to find air conditioning. I'm set to start working towards my HMMWV (commonly called the Hum-Vee or "Hummer") license soon. Pictures should be soon to follow. I've also attached a picture showing that it doesn't matter what your culture or location is, rednecks are worldwide. Hope all is well and I'll talk to you soon.
-B-
PS Have you called Amy recently?
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment