Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Thinking of you (Brandon mass email)

Greetings my hobbled mass of gorgeous deviants!

Don't have any real reason to write, but I've had some things on my mind lately. As you well know when talking to me, there is no filter between my thoughts and my mouth, and it's worked for me so far, so I'm going to further the experiment by eliminating the filter between emails and my thoughts. You probably won't notice much difference.

Now that I have some time to myself (ie nothing to do with the time we do get off) I've taken to running. I'm currently getting up at 4:30, lifting weights for an hour and then going for a run, 4 times a week. I typically run 6-7 miles three times a week, and the lord may rest on Sunday, but on my day off I get my long run in. Last Sunday it was 12.4 miles. I'm calling it the "Amy's going to owe me for looking so good" 20K.

In the midst of that run (it was on a treadmill because it's too hot to run outside) I had a scary realization. The only thing we could get on the TV in the gym was a WNBA game. Now I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but if you like watching the WBNA, you'd probably love the taste of arsenic with your Cheerios. It is TERRIBLE. But on the fourth consecutive rebound/missed shot combo (known as a second chance attempt for those keeping score) my epiphany arrived - I'm having a GIRL.

What if she wants to play basketball? Holy crap I might have to watch girls basketball for years. Fortunately she'll have 50% of my sports genes so chances are that when she tries out for the girls middle school JV team she'll be laughed off the court, just like her old man was on my 18th birthday, but I'm still worried. I'm dead serious when I say that I'll trade you my Mark McGwire, my Ryne Sandberg, and half my tootsie pops if you'll go to those games for me.

But back to Kuwait, the weirdest thing (yet) is water. Don't get me wrong I've seen that it can be much worse, we could be without plumbing, but it is still weird when they shut off your hot water. Any idea why they did this? It's because the water here doesn't need heating. Even at the darkest part of night, the water spewing from the "cold" tap is pretty warm. After about 10:00 in the morning all of the water out of the faucet is nearly scalding. It's insane.

Thats all I have for now you random assortment of sweet, sexy things.
B

PS...Russ sucks because his emails don't make me laugh either.

0 comments: