Monday, July 31, 2006

From one armpit to another (Brandon mass email)

Howdily hodily, neighborinos.

As you can tell from the subject line, I'm preparing to make a move back to reality. Well, kind of reality, I'm going back to Mississippi. Just got the good news today that I might even make it home in time to meet Allison!! I can't really go into too many details on flight dates and stuff, however, because half of you drink too much and would probably tell Al Queda anything if you thought he'd hook you up with his sister.

I've attached a couple of pictures of a pretty cool accomplishment for a Civil Engineer Corps Officer - I'm getting my Seabee Combat Warfare Specialist pin. For those who have forgotten what I look like, I'm the really, really ridiculously good looking one with the bright gold pin on my chest. It's a pretty involved process that I'd be more than happy to talk to you about when I get HOME!, but essentially it means that I've demonstrated that I can take a group of Seabees out into a war, build some buildings, and then bring them all back home so they can see their wife and kids.
For those of you who think you're in the middle of a heat wave, I've got news for you. Your "heat wave" is what I feel when I leave my hooch at 0430 to go on my run. It has been consistently over 125 for almost two weeks, and the sometimes in the deepest night it gets down to about 95. Amy made me read some baby book that says their bath water shouldn't be above 110. All of our showers are water being heated to at least the ambient temperature. So basically what I'm saying is that I'm tougher than a newborn.

I appreciate those who've been keeping in touch with me out here and I will try to give you a ring when I get back. I appreciate those who have been keeping in touch with Amy while I've been out here even more because I've been baking in the sun, but she's been baking a small child.

And I want to make one thing perfectly clear. Although I am happy that I will probably get to see my firstborn make her way into the world, that pales in comparison to the fact that I will probably be home in time to see the Broncos first preseason game!

Talk to you when Amy and I are running from the next Hurricane!
B

0 comments: