As the Schrenks have multiplied, so too will the updates. That's right, folks, time for me to play the dad game and show you new pictures of the cutest kid ever born. I'm torn though - do I think she's cute because she's mine or is she cute because she's cute? Talk it out amongst yourselves and get back to me.
So all wasn't wonderful in paradise - Allison was jaundiced. Apparently it's pretty common in newborns, something like 1 in 5 get it. I knew that she'd turn yellow but didn't realize that the hospital would deliver a tanning bed in a suitcase where she'd spend 16-18 hours of her first four days. The cool part was that that the house had a blue glow that you could see from 200 yards away at night. The uncool part was that on top of a screaming baby, the house was lit 24 hours a day - even Hunter had trouble sleeping. But she's all better now - she even sleeps 4 to 5 hours a night!
Speaking of Hunter, he loves his new toy. In fact, whenever she cries, he runs over to check her out, then turns to look at us with a look that says, "You're coming, right? Can't you see something's wrong?". Once, when a visiting nurse was coming over to check on Allison's jaundice, the nurse picked Allison up and Hunter ran and blocked the door. When he realized that she wasn't putting her down he actually sat on her foot so she couldn't move. The whole time his tail was wagging but he made it more than apparent that no one was taking his sister. I love that dog.
The cat, however, doesn't see the appeal of the noisemaker we brought home solely to disturb her naptime. Thanks to so many of you for the gifts and phone calls. I'm sorry I've been bad about getting back to you but there are so many who've given us gifts, drunk dials and text messages, and a whole lot less hours than there were in a day two weeks ago. And on that same token, congrats to all of our new married friends, especially Matt and Lexi and Lisa and Guido (I don't know that I'll ever equal those gifts) - I'll call you sometime in the next 18 years, I swear - but you need to have kids soon because there is nothing like explaining philosophies of umpiring professional baseball, the intricacies of a Jake Plummer bootleg, or the travesty of another Bronco wearing 87 to someone who can't walk out of the room!
And for the record, Allison asked if she could wear the hat and I just can't say no to my little girl.
By the power of Grayscull,
B



0 comments:
Post a Comment