In a word...yes. I'm now a Texan.
I know you've all been checking your email every 15 minutes since my last email, but it's now time to end your month-long-sleep-drought and get some rest. Allison, Amy, Hunter and I (and that feline-looking-thing) made it to San Antonio on the 21st of May. We spent a few days lounging out with her folks. And by lounging out with her folks I mean Grandma and Grandpa Bean swam with her in the pool and swung with her on the patio while Amy and I worked from 6am-10pm for four days fighting with Loan Officers, Realtors, Inspectors, Insurance Agents, Sellers, Evil Wookies, The Empire, The Joker, and The Man, and everything looked like we should be fine for a June 1st closing on the house of our dreams so we flew to Colorado to lounge out with my folks.
And what I mean by lounge out with my folks was Grandma and Grandpa Schrenk swung with Allison on the porch while Amy and I spent the next four days working from 7am-11pm (we moved to the Mountain Time Zone) fighting with Loan Officers, Realtors, Inspectors, Insurance Agents, Sellers, Rabid Midgets, Ice Cream Trucks that fired Missiles, Pennywise the Clown, Lex Luthor, and Big Brother and finally everything looked like we should be fine for a June 1st closing so we flew back to San Antonio to lounge with Amy's folks again.
And what I mean by lounging out with Amy's folks was 4 more days of fighting (from 6am to 10pm - Central time again) with Loan Officers, Realtors, Inspectors, Insurance Agents, Sellers, Clubber Lang, Simon Cowell, That Faceless Guy from Inspector Gadget, The Wicked Witches (yeah, that one with the house on top of her was MEAN!) and Whitey until we looked like we should be fine for a June 1st closing so we cruised into Pearland, TX (near Houston) on June 1st.
Once we got there, we finally closed on the house and got to move in.
Our cell phone numbers will remain the same and we should have pictures of the new joint at http://www.geocities.com/amyaphiizsoon!
Then, just when we thought the madness was over we had to start battle with cable companies, electric companies, telephone companies, internet hosts, security companies, The Evil Monkey in Chris' Closet, Lord Voldemort, the Noid, the Dixie Chicks, and the Demon and the crack of his whippy tail...but it was all worth it because we're in our new house, which we love, Hunter has a new room (the FENCED back yard) which he loves, Allison has her own bathroom, which she will love, the grandparents will have their own room and shower, which they love, and there are tons of places for Snickers to hide so we rarely see her (which I love!).
I'll update you on the new job next email, but for the time being I need to give a shout out to some folks who do great work. I never thought I'd be advertising on the Schrenk mass email, but here we go!
If you ever need AMAZING quilt work done, contact Mrs. Sew&Sew (Amy Dix) of Mrs. Sew-n-Sew, Custom Quilts http://www.mrssewnsew.shoppingcartsplus.com/. She's awesome! I'm not kidding, check our website you'll be amazed.
Next I want to thank (for those of you military types) MC1 Mulligan (and for those of you civilians Sean Mulligan). Check out Allison's 10 month old pictures, he does awesome work. I know it sounds creepy taking your daughter into the garage of some guy you barely know, but the ends justify the means, right? That's my parenting philosophy! But for my Gulfport friends, you probably had no idea that he had his own business outside of the base but he's definitely worth checking out.
Lastly, I wanted to congratulate Allison's godparents (a few months too late, but it's still in there) for their good news. Mike got a great new promotion at Carmax and Heater was accepted into pharmacy school. What parent could be prouder? The two people responsible for Allison's spiritual upbringing are a used car salesman and a drug dealer!
Thanks for hanging in there, sorry this one was so long. Well, not really because this one was long overdue.
Peace
B
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment