Friday, January 25, 2008

I finally did it!

Well, it took me months to talk myself into it, but I finally did it! I took Allison to get her first haircut! Now before the hate emails start, her curls are still intact. The lady only trimmed her bangs so that they weren't in her face. Allison did GREAT! She didn't fuss or fight at all. In fact, she was enthralled by looking at herself in the mirrors and sitting in the big girl chair when we were all done. Here are the before and after photos:

She looks like such a big girl now! I'm not ready for that! :( On another front, she is THIS close to walking. We expect it any day now (which is good because her 18 month appointment is on the 4th!). We'll have more updates after my doctor's appointment, Chloe's doctor's appointment and Allison's doctor's appointment.
Oh, and here's a cute story:
So a couple days ago, when Allison woke up from her nap, the cat followed me into her room. I picked up Snickers and Allison, still standing in her crib, leaned over, put her arms VERY gently around Snickers and gave her the sweetest hug ever. She was SO excited to see her too! That little scene repeated itself this morning when Allison woke up. I dubbed these events the "sweetest and cutest thing Allison has ever done" and wished a 3rd person had been there with a camera.

Well, the next day, Allison did the 2nd cutest and sweetest thing ever. And I have pictures to prove it. (Note: Following the new pictures, when Hunter was laying on the bed by himself, she gave Hunter her monkey. I guess she thought he needed him since he was taking a nap!).

The new pictures are at: http://allisonschrenk.shutterfly.com in the Jan 08 album. Enjoy!!!

1 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Great haircut!

I just found your blog, and now I'll probably stalk you a tiny bit. Very exciting.