I had my 24 week doctor's appointment Thursday. Everything went great! I've gained (total) about 10 pounds so the doctor says that it's right on track. I'll do the Gestational Diabetes test next time. (Yuck!) We got to hear the baby's heartbeat and she sounds great! Everything is going well. Here are some belly pictures (from 1/25 and 2/1 and a nice little comparison picture!):

24weeks (with Baby 2)

24 weeks (with Allison)
Oh, and on a weird note, I'm still in regular jeans! With Allison, I couldn't WAIT for maternity clothes. This time, I'm protesting (at least with pants). My butt does not help hold them up! So I know hip huggers weren't designed to have a gut hanging over them, but hey, they still fit!!
Chloe also had a doctor's appointment the same day. She got the last treatment for her heartworms, so in 3 days, we can take her out of her kennel and let her live a "normal" life! More importantly, we can give her a bath! Yay!! She does have ringworm, but Brandon has been putting cream on her for almost a week and it's cleared up remarkably. She also had a really bad ear infection, so we now have some ear cleaner and antibiotic we have to put in her ears (Brandon will be doing this). Chloe also has the doggy equivalent of chronic dry eye, so we have to put some stuff in her eye twice a day. Again, this is Brandon's job. Overall though, she's healthy! And she's put on some weight!
Allison is doing well. She is SO close to walking! She pulls herself up on everything now and cruises but sometimes still gets down and crawls when it would be just as easy to take mine or Brandon's hand and walk. We have her 18 month appointment on Monday, so hopefully the doctor can give us some more tips. She has recently started doing a couple of other baby signs - baby, all done. They're both pretty cute. "Baby" looks like you're rocking a baby and "All done" looks kind of like bye-bye but she pushes herself away from the table first.
Her first haircut makes her look so much older! I can't believe how big she is somedays. I'm not ready for my baby to be a big girl! (My mom and I were talking about potty training a couple of days ago...not that Allison is anywhere close, but it's probably coming after she starts walking!)
She also likes to help with everything. She carries her dirty diaper to the pail after her bath. (Hilarious to see a naked baby crawling and holding a diaper!) She tries to buckle her own car seat and loves to brush her hair and her teeth. She has almost mastered using a fork too! She's getting good at "recognizing" her toys. She has a zoo set with 26 animals, and with most of them, if we say, "Go get the XXX" she'll pick the right animal. I think she's a genius. :)
We're looking forward to this weekend and the Super Bowl party at the Clerkins. We have a special outfit planned for Allison! (Look for pictures next week!) I'm also excited to make the Chocolate-Peanut Butter Gooey Butter Cake!!! I'll let you know how it turns out!
Here are some pictures of Allison and Brandon in their Little Gym gymnastics class and of Brandon with the dogs.




1 comments:
Great new pics! That little gym looks like fun, I wish they had that for grown-ups.
Post a Comment