Well, we've had a busy couple of weeks since I posted last. Here we go!!
We had a garage sale with Allison's BFF Maggie's mom. I made a LOT of money. I am very happy! Our Christmas account (and what's leftover is for Disney) is looking very nice! Plus, I still have some of the nicer stuff left over, so I'm going to post it on Craigslist. Here is what Jordan wore one of the days. I think she looks like a boy (it's a boy outfit) but it was too cute to pass up!
We've also started putting Jordan in the stroller like a big girl sometimes. She really enjoys it!
This is Allison wearing a helmet. She was trying to ride the girls scooters (from next door) so we decided a helmet was a good idea. Then she wouldn't take it off! I think she's going to get one for Christmas.
Allison, Jordan and I have started going to the Manvel library every Wednesday for Storytime since our library is closed until further notice. This week, we went after I attended early voting. Hear that campaign centers, hubby and I have voted, so STOP CALLING US!! Anyway, this week at the storytime, the firetruck came to visit. Luckily, there was not an ammonia leak this week so the firetruck was able to come. Allison was about as interested as I expected (not very). We still had a good time and got to hang out with Laura and her mommy (from our playgroup). Allison did LOVE the hat they got though (I'll have to get a picture of that....)
This is Allison "watching" the firefighters.
Mom came in on Friday morning since she was on vacation. We went to a pumpkin patch at a local church. I think they had restocked (because there were 2 school/daycare groups while we were there) so it was PACKED with pumpkins. The girls had a good time even though Allison was NOT cooperative with the camera. She loved the tractor and had a major meltdown when we made her get down so the daycare kids could get on it. Jordan, however, was extremely cooperative and we got some great pictures. Allison was bound and determined to pick up a HUGE pumpkin. Needless to say, it didn't work so well. She kept carrying around these 2 little ones and putting them with the big pumpkins and then she and monkey would pick them up. Very cute! She also got to pet a dog. We picked 2 baby pumpkins, 1 medium sized one (that had a good handle for Allison) and a big one (to carve). We had a great time!



I like this one...it looks like I said, "Look at your pumpkins girls!"
After the pumpkin patch, we headed to the new mall for some shopping and lunch. The Children's Place store had just opened (and it's BEAUTIFUL) so we had a good time there. The girls got new tights, new shirts (that match), new shirts (that coordinate) and pants that match both shirts. I can't wait to put them in their outfits and take pictures! We went to Mimi's (also just opened) and had a great time. For those with kids who haven't been before, they do a very good job. They have kids "appetizers" (oranges and cheerios) and all the kids meals are very good. Plus, the kids get a D-E-S-S-E-R-T (yes, our waiter spelled it for us, just in case!) that is a dirt cup (chocolate pudding with crushed oreos and gummy worms).
This is what Allison does when you say, "Big smile!"
Oh, very cute story that I didn't get pictures of.....When we picked Mom up at the airport, she told Allison that we had to wait to get Nana's bag because there was a surprise for Allison in it. Well, after the airport, we did the pumpkin patch, shopping and lunch. Then when we got home, I went to go deliver some Mary Kay to a customer and Mom tried to put Allison down for nap. She kept running over to my mom's room's door. Then when Mom wouldn't open it, she ran to Mom's carry-on bag and said, "Prize?" She wanted her surprise! SO cute! So of course Nana couldn't refuse the cuteness and she opened her bag and gave her half of her surprises (the other half we're saving for Christmas). The surprises were the current $5 animals and books from Kohl's. That's right, Curious George books!!! Allison got the hippo (Curious George Feeds the Animals) and the dalmatian (Curious George Visits the Fire Station). The dog got to take a nap with Allison and Monkey.
Also on Friday, Brandon took his Professional Engineering Exam. He said the morning part went really well and he felt great about it. The afternoon session, not as great. He said it was a lot harder than he expected and that there were things on it that Testmasters didn't cover (not a surprise given his WONDERFUL experience with Testmasters). But overall, he's just happy that it's over with. He should get his results around Christmastime.
Since he was in such a good mood, we decided to go to the YMCA's Fall Fest. The kids were supposed to dress up, so we took our Monkey (Allison), our banana (Jordan) and the Man In The Yellow Hat (Brandon). That's right ladies, I have the best husband ever. He is SUCH a good sport!!! The other kids all thought he was part of the entertainment! Everywhere we went, we heard, "Look!! The Man in the Yellow Hat!", "It's the Yellow Hat Guy and Curious George!!","Wow! I really thought you were the real people!", "Wow, that dad is a really good sport." :) I now know what to expect when I wear it later this week (library for costume story time, our playgroup Halloween party and possibly the Children's Museum). Although, I think the fact that Brandon is freakishly tall was part of the entertainment!! Some guy even took our picture to send in to one of the news stations (the weather girl is posting pictures of cute costumes). Jordan was a VERY cute banana but mom and I are happy she's not always a mermaid. Not having legs makes a baby very hard to carry (and makes her seem heavier too). Allison enjoyed the inflatable bouncy jumpy house things most of all.




The best family picture we could get.....
One tired banana
Allison, hold your sister please
Seriously, Mom, are we done yet?
Yesterday, it was Little Gym, Cici's and then last night we went to another fall fest (at the mall) and out to dinner with Maggie's family. The girls had a BLAST inside the toy store. Here's a picture from Little Gym that pretty much represents how she looked all class! 
Okay, that's it for now. I'll get pictures up this week of all of our fun Halloween events! Take care!



0 comments:
Post a Comment