I really think Allison would be happy being a monkey every Halloween from now on. She LOVES her costume this year. She is SO proud to wear it and gets really upset if the little monkey-hand glove slips off and her "people" fingers are exposed. She cracks me up. And she has to wear the hood (which was a little fight last year). And of course, we have the Man In The Yellow Hat (MITYH) costume so I guess she really can be a monkey from now on. Poor Jordan was just along for the ride this year. Thank goodness Halloween is soon because she's not going to fit in her costume much longer! (I really think she doesn't fit now but it's too late to buy her another one).
Today was the costume party/storytime at the library. The kids listened to 2 Halloween stories (Curious George Goes to a Costume Party! and Costume Copycat). They were both really cute and I thought for sure we were shoo-ins for the costume contest. That's right because I went in Brandon's MITYH costume. I was the MOM in the yellow hat. As one of the other moms noticed, I even had on Curious George boxers underneath. (The costume was a little see-through, so I figured boxers and a tank top were okay).
We got to do a little parade through the library and then they announced the winner of the contest and gave all the kids a treat. A little chicken won. I was sad, but she was pretty cute! She was probably right about 1 and had little orange/yellow striped tights for her legs. Very cute! (She's in the background of this picture).
I didn't let myself bring a change of clothes; I didn't want to chicken out. As it turns out, I should have. After the party, Allison's BFF Maggie locked her mom's keys in her car. Luckily, Maggie wasn't in there with them. (Although, if she was, we probably could have gotten her to open the door. She's smart!). Maggie's mom used my phone to call her insurance company and they said they'd send someone and it would be about 45 minutes. So Allison, Jordan and I went to Sonic to pick up food for all of us. Luckily, I hadn't cleaned out the van from earlier this week and I had our picnic blanket (from a park playdate). So we had a Sonic picnic while we waited for the Pop-A-Lock guy. When he got there it took him 2 seconds to open the car. Seriously. Makes me scared to know how not-secure our vehicles are!
Little side note....I think they called the guy a "Rescue Ranger." Does that make anyone else want to sing?????? :) Maybe that's just the Kit-Kat and Cherry Limeade talking....



0 comments:
Post a Comment