Tuesday, September 6, 2011

When You Wish Upon a Star.....

As most of you reading this already know, I'm kind of a type A person.  I like to have things planned out.  Our family calendar on the fridge is color coded.  The toy bins are labeled.  Our dvds and books are alphabetized.  I make folders for our upcoming trips that have all of our trip information in them.  I make my bed every morning.

Yeah, I'm like that.

Now, most of you also know that I've always been a Disney kid.  Remember this:


That's me and Michael on Dumbo at Disneyland around 1988.  I remember that trip so well!  I thought my dad's cousin Heather hung the moon and I wanted to be just like her.  She wanted to ride Space Mountain so I said I would (even though I was SCARED TO DEATH).  She let me hold her hand (and I about broke it).  It seems like we visited Disneyland frequently, whenever we visited Harold, Gloria, Harold Jr and Heather.  We did the Disney cruise too and made our first visit to Disney World.  We had all the movies and I watched the Disney Channel religiously after school EVERY day!  (And I was even ON the Disney channel one day thanks to an attraction at then MGM Studios!)

Flash forward to 2009 when we made our first visit to Disney World as parents.  I was able to combine my Type A, super planner personality with Disney World.  A-MAZING!  I was hooked!  (And I got Brandon hooked too!)

Over the next 2 years, I planned another trip for us, including Bev, Kevin, Mom, Dad, Michael and Bri, and was able to help quite a few family and family friends plan THEIR trips.

If only there was a way I could do this as a job?  Wait, there is!?!

That's right, folks, I now have a job!  As a Disney Destination Specialist with Travel with the Magic!!!!  I've graduated from the Disney College of Knowledge (yes, there is such a thing!) and am looking forward to helping everyone I know plan Disney trips!  And not just Disney World - Disneyland, Disney Cruise Lines and Adventures by Disney!!

Want to know more?  Please visit the Travel with the Magic site or email me at amy@travelwiththemagic.com!

2 comments:

Sarah C. said...

Amy!! That is awesome! Congratulations. Our next trip is OCT 2012. I'm going to use you!!

Elsha said...

That sounds like possibly the best job ever.