Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tricks or Treats and Baby Updates

Here is our slightly delayed Halloween Post. We had a BUSY week. The girls had their playgroup Halloween party on Thursday. It was at one of the mom's houses who goes all out for Halloween. Some of the kids were too scared! (It was kind of cute!). Since we watch Maggie on Thursdays, she came with us. They got TONS of goodies and ate cupcakes (well, mostly icing) and played on the playground. Allison was being a little bit of a pill that day, so I was kind of stressed out. Oh and she doesn't like to have her picture taken lately, so her pictures are all kind of weird and we've been taking a lot of Jordan instead.



Our next door neighbor found these cool pumpkin decorating things at Wal-Mart and even though I don't normally go to Wal-Mart, I made an exception. I even got Halloween placemats for the girls. The pumpkin things are like Mr Potato Head pieces. So cool!! Allison had fun decorating her pumpkins!


She also had some stickers that we got at the pumpkin patch.

Here are the crazy sticker pumpkins.....

And our finished "Dog" pumpkin

And the "Pig". It even has a tail!! (Oh, the kit also came with a rabbit and a bear. There was a monster kit too but we didn't get that one).
Rare occurrence of letting me take her picture!
Hanging out on Halloween
Jordan was really too big for her costume :( so I had her hang out in this outfit instead. I thought it was very cute! (The witch's skirt lifts up to reveal her orange pants!)
Allison playing with her "dog"
Jordan has reached a milestone at about the same age Allison did. I know, SHOCKING! She has stolen a sippy cup and loves it. We have to give her a cup with water to play with a couple times a day.
Allison's new obsession - hats. She really likes the newsboy style ones (we saw some at Children's Place).
Okay, now here's Halloween night. This was the best picture I could get of her before she and Maggie went Trick-Or-Treating. And apparently, no one does TOT anymore. Our neighborhood had only about a dozen houses with lights on. I was so upset! Especially since Allison was really enjoying it and saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank you." (She did try to go inside the first few houses! Took a while to get it that she just stood there and they gave her treats!)
Allison and Daddy (again, the best picture I could get). She's getting ornery with the not-wanting-to-have-her-picture-taken thing.
On our way!! (Allison, Ryan and Maggie came over to join us). That's Allison as a witch, not me.
They love the wagon! Allison likes having someone else in there with her.
I got so frustrated at our neighborhood that we decided to go to the Little Gym's party. (We were undecided about going). As it turns out, it was a blast! Allison loved playing on the eqiupment in her costume and there were tons of balloons and other kids to play with.
Told you....she has a hat obsession! (Poor Ryan!)
Jordan is working hard to sit on her own!
Maggie and Allison were so cute with the pinata! We had to stop Allison from picking up pieces and putting them directly into her mouth, wrapper and all.
On Saturday, we did the city's Trick or Treat Trail. It's sponsored by the Park and Rec department and businesses sign up to host booths and pass out candy on the trail. Allison kept getting more because she and her daddy were "so cute!" We even got to see our pediatrician in a fantastic scarecrow costume (that's not her with Jordan in the picture though!). Maggie and her family went with us and by the end, the girls were zonked. It was a really good time! (Again, Brandon's costume was a huge hit!) Unfortunately, this is the only picture I took! (I had to carry Jordan through the entire thing because you had to park at the high school and get bussed to the trail and strollers were a pain).

The girls are doing good. Jordan is working on tooth #3, we think. She went to sleep at 7 last night and never took her last bottle. We figured she'd wake up but she didn't wake up until Brandon woke her at 530! She is working hard to try to sit on her own (some days are better than others). And she is really loving solid foods. We've moved onto peas now (squash, sweet potatoes, carrots already). Her next appointment is on the 14th and I can't wait!!!

Allison, unfortunately, is definitely two. Now, she's still a really good kid but she's really learning how to push our buttons. Thankfully the time change doesn't seem to have affected her. She loves hats lately and really likes imitating me doing Jazzercise (which means she's dancing all the time). She's really been a pain about naps lately. You put her down and she plays for an hour and then falls asleep for only an hour or so. I hope it's just a phase. Both girls nap at the same time (so I'm able to do things, like blog) and I'm not ready for her to give them up yet.

Jazzercise is going really well. I'm down to pre-Allison weight (whoohoo!) and I'm really enjoying it. My goal is to go 20 times a month (last month was 19). This month will be hard because we're going to my mom's the week of Thanksgiving.

Brandon's brother and his wife are coming this weekend to help Brandon fix the fence. Well, Nathan is helping with the fence. Malinda and I get to play with the girls! We've got trips to Cici's and Red Robin planned (Nathan and Allison's favorite restaurants!). It should be a good weekend.

Okay, that's it for now. I've got to go do laundry. I need to make sure our jerseys are cleaned by Thursday since the Broncos have the Thursday game this week. Take care!

0 comments: