Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First Slumber Party/New Year's Eve

Well, New Year's Eve was Allison's (and Jordan's too I guess) first slumber party.

Allison was being a little testy (possibly showing off in front of Maggie?). She wasn't listening very well, and she kept getting up from the table saying she was done and then coming back to eat but not wanting to put her bib on. During one of her "away from the table" jaunts, she decided that instead of asking us for more bread (which was one of our dippers in our fondue), she would just reach and grab it off the counter (yes, she is that tall). She grabbed the loaf and took a bite. I very calmly walked over and took her hand and put the bread back on the counter. She KNOWS she's not supposed to take things off the counter without asking. She was okay even when I walked her in the dining room (which is where the timeout Pack and Play is). The second I went to lift her into timeout, she became a wet noodle and I had to throw her in there so I could run in the other room and bust up laughing.

In the 30 seconds it took me to come back in the kitchen, set the timer for 2 minutes and start to cut the bitten edge off the bread, Brandon yells, "Holy crap! She just got out of the Pack and Play!" Yes, my 2 year old is that tall. She simply threw her leg over the edge (and she's not adventurous at all!) So, trying not to laugh, I had to go in there, put her back in and then stand by her and watch her without looking for her 2 minute timeout. Betcha didn't know life with a toddler was this exciting, huh!?

Other than that, the girls were WONDERFUL. I think Maggie was a little afraid of getting in trouble because she was perfect. They even got to wear matching jammies. They were SO cute!!! They had so much fun playing and watching Elmo. Bedtime was easy too, no fussing. It probably helps that Maggie is here twice a week and she naps while she's here. I don't imagine it will be long before slumber parties are FAR from over at 8 pm!
Here are some shots of what our playroom looks like after two 2-year olds have had their way with it:


After the girls went to bed, Brandon and I had my mom's caramel fondue (fantastic!) and we watched some of the music on tv. We were in bed by 11. Yes, I know, we're old and boring. Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!!

0 comments: