Brandon's family was here last weekend. We had SO much fun (even though the weather was AWFUL). The guys put a shed together (yes, in the cold, rainy weather) and on Saturday, the girls went to a Tupperware party. I hadn't been to one in a LONG time. It was so much fun, I'm hosting one in a couple weeks! Monday, the weather cleared up. So we decided to Rodeo. We had a BLAST. Here's the proof!
(Note: I did not become a much better camera person. Brandon's dad's camera ran out of batteries, so he took pictures with mine. He's much better at it than I am. I kept trying to convince myself it was my camera. No dice.)
A few things about our trip this year. We got to the Birthing Area 2 hours or so after one of the cows had given birth. She still had the umbilical cord/afterbirth hanging out. Brandon's brother was NOT impressed. Next year, we will definitely buy carnival/ride tickets early, when they're on sale. The carousel is VERY fast. Pig races are fun, but a pig, a duck, a chicken, a goat and a sheep racing is hilarious. Allison has a new "big girl" hairdo - a headband.
Okay, this first one is obviously not from Rodeo. But it was from this weekend.

This is Ms. Moo. They have 11 mascots in the kids' Agventure area. The kids go to the 11 areas and collect trading cards with the mascots on them. I think Ms. Moo is the only "real" one to meet. (She's kind of creepy).
Like I said, a little creepy.
Allison, Daddy and the Longhorn
Allison is a Deere girl
After attempting to take pictures of both girls on the tractor, Brandon's dad says, "It's hard to get a good picture of 2 little kids!"
Allison loved the chickens and turkey
I think this is my favorite picture of the day


Look, Monkey, baby chicks!
Checking out the chickens again






Brandon's dad sweet-talked the Verizon people into giving us one of these (since they all have Verizon)
We go tomorrow to Rodeo again with my mom. More pictures to follow!










0 comments:
Post a Comment