Well, apparently baby spit and electronic cords do not mix either (I've already tested baby spit and cell phones). Jordan was sucking/biting on the USB cord to transfer pictures from our camera to the computer. I guess I didn't catch her fast enough because when I tried to transfer pictures today, it doesn't work. Boo. BUT I did find a seller (or 20) on Ebay that are selling the cord for a fraction of what they cost new. We bought two. So, as soon as the cord is here. I'll have updated pictures of the girls.
In the meantime...what have we been up to, you ask? Well, Allison had Rodeo Day at school. She was SO happy to get to wear her boots and her boot shirt. (Pictures to follow). I was bummed that the skirt that goes with the shirt didn't fit (well, it would have fit if she didn't eat all day). BUT I discovered where we can buy them so maybe the girls will have outfits to wear to Rodeo this year. NEXT WEEKEND. Wow, I can't believe it's already coming up. Brandon's family will be here next weekend. I need to clean the house.
We went to Discovery Green in downtown Houston last week. It was fun but I was a little disappointed. I thought it was HUGE but it wasn't. The girls (Allison, Jordan and Maggie) still had a great time. There was even a piece of playground equipment that Allison was braver than Maggie on! (Again, pictures later). We ate at the "cafe" (really, a restaurant) there and the food was FANTASTIC albeit a little expensive.
One of the moms in our group hosted a "Cooking" playdate. Allison and Maggie had fun making "Bumps on a Log" (celery, peanut butter and raisins), fruit kabobs, and chocolate dipped pretzel rods and marshmallows. (Again, pictures here too). Something was in the air that day though because Allison was a PEST. She got put in timeout 3 times for not sharing (with Maggie and with a kid at playgroup) and being too rough with Jordan.
We babysat for one of the moms in my group so they could go to Rodeo. Their little girl is almost exactly a year younger than Allison and she reminds us of Allison. She is so sweet and LOVES the dogs. She kept covering Hunter in blankets and then patting his back and laying on him. What a good boy....he was still through the entire ordeal! (Picture here too). We pretty much decided while we were watching her that we think we're done with kids. We'll revisit in May but for now, we're done. And if her mommy is reading this, it's not because she was bad!! (She's an ANGEL).
Allison is doing well. She's starting to get a little ornery with her sister but overall not too bad. We're really working hard on teaching her letters, numbers and colors. She's starting to use sentences almost ALL the time now. "Mommy, I want to play please," "Maggie, come play ball with me," "Jordan, no, that's Allison's monkey" are all ones I know I've heard in the past couple of days. Oh, and "Allison has pretty eyes". Yes, she has Brandon's ego. We're starting to be able to tell her things in advance now and she kind of gets the before/after/now concept. And she remembers.
Jordan is getting bigger every day. She's SO close to pulling herself up. She's started to babble mama and dada but I still don't think she knows what the words mean. She loves mimicking us or Allison (or anyone for that matter) and I think she's tried to say "Hi" and "Yay". She's starting to eat table food and LOVES mac and cheese (so she's definitely related to Allison). She really likes going to Jazzercise and dancing along to the music. She loves to stand and makes us help her do it all day long. Her favorite toy is whatever Allison is playing with.
Well, the consignment sale is going on right now. So we've cleared out our house of all baby clothes under 18 month size. Plus, we got rid of the swing, bouncy seat and a few other "big" things. And the last of my maternity gear. Over 300 items. Mostly clothing. I really think my mom has an obsession. :) (Not that I'm complaining!! Brandon, however, complains everytime we open the girls' closets). I bought Easter dresses for the girls and a swimsuit for Allison for this season. We also got the Fisher Price Rainforest Waterfall crib soother. It has a monkey on it. We moved the Ocean Wonders Aquarium one into Jordan's room. Both girls are HAPPY with the change. Allison also got some flashcards for numbers, letters and colors. And I bought a diaper bag. I know, I know, I didn't need it. But it's GORGEOUS. And I can use it as a carryon type bag after I don't need it as a diaper bag anymore. Also I'll have hopefully made some money from the sale, so I think I'm justified in buying something for myself (at least that's what I'll tell myself).
I guess that's our nutshell for now. I'm going to be cleaning and scrapbooking like a madwoman this week. (Brandon's parents only get to visit every few months, so I feel like my scrapbooks should be caught up when they're here so my MIL can see them). Have a great day!!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment