Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tribute to a Big Dog

We got some sad news today (Sunday). Brandon's mom and dad lost their almost 10 year old great dane, McKinzie (fondly known as Kinzer).

I remember the first time I met Kinzer. We had just gotten in from traveling all day and so after 15 minutes (after she had just gotten used to me) I went downstairs to shower. When I came up and my hair was different and I was in different clothes, she took another 15 minutes to get to know me again.

She definitely was Brandon's mom's dog. If someone else drove her car, she'd wait patiently outside the driver's side door until Bev got out, even if Bev had gotten out of the other door.

She was not the smartest dog but she probably was the sweetest. She would lean on you and just let you hug and snuggle and pet her. She wasn't too sure about the girls but was still very good around them (even when Allison would hug and try to sit on her).

Brandon's parents had known she was sick for a while so thankfully, they were able to prepare for today. They also did not have to make the horrible decision of whether to put her down or not - she went to take a nap and never woke up.

She was a great dog and will be greatly missed by a lot of people.

2 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

Aww (and as I type this I am literally crying) that is so sad. I hope that everyone recovers ok from the loss. :(

Sarah said...

:( Poor thing, how sad. Rest in peace Kinzer.