I honestly have no idea. Nothing major has been happening here. Unless you count Allison going on her first vacation SOLO, me walking my first 5K, Brandon getting accepted into grad school and Jordan getting ready to turn 1. So I guess we do have a lot going on!!
Last Friday, my mom took Allison to San Antonio and they're flying back on Tuesday. They've gotten to swim in the pool, go to Sea World, go to a party at Pat and Al's, and go to the zoo. She's also gotten countless bubble baths. Needless to say, she's having a GREAT time and she's going to be spoiled rotten when she gets back.
While Allison was gone, Brandon, Jordan and I walked a 5K for Ovarian Cancer research. We had a lot of fun (even though Jordan only wanted to be in the backpack for the first half of the walk). Yes, she got carried for the second half. She was getting really fussy but then she started to hear the music and clapping at the finish line and she LOVED it. We doubled back and came across the finish line with Heidi and the rest of our team. It was SO moving and so much fun. I can't wait until next year!!
Brandon got accepted to Grad School. Whoohoo!! He starts in the fall. He's getting his Masters in Chemical Engineering. We're still debating whether he takes 2 or 3 classes this first semester but we're leaning towards 3.
Jordan's birthday is coming up this Thursday. Where did the time go?!?!? I am not ready for her to be 1. We're having a splash party at a splashpark near our house. I'm making an Elmo cake but then we're getting Elmo cupcakes too. It's for our whole playgroup, so there's a lot of people coming. She's SO big now. She's VERY close to walking. She pulls herself to standing on EVERYTHING and loves walking behind any type of push toy. She has even started to try to climb up on things. Lord help me. She's still a super happy baby (except for nights when she's teething).
Mother's Day was pretty low key. we went out to breakfast with Maggie's family. Then we just hung out around the house. Allison called to tell me "Happy Mother's Day, mommy!" (So cute!) Brandon gave blood (and I attempted too but my iron was too low). It was just a very relaxing day (even though I did do some housecleaning since Brandon was on a "reorganization" kick!)
I must say, Brandon and I were a little worried about her trip but she's done REALLY well. And surprisingly, we've enjoyed her being gone (not her gone necessarily but one-on-one time with Jordan). Jordan has enjoyed it too. She gets to play with any toy she wants for as long as she wants! I am ready for her to be back though.
Oh, and you might have noticed the countdown. That's right....we put a deposit down on a cruise!!!! We leave March 28 for Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Montego Bay. We're cruising out of Galveston so there's no hotel fees, no flight fees and no parking! We booked through Expedia since they were doing this special that if you booked on May 5 or 6, you got $100 in onboard credit.
Okay, more pictures and updates to come once Allison gets back! (And after Jordan's birthday party too).
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment