Here's some catch up....
Allison didn't nap at school one day. Then we had a later afternoon park playdate. This is what it looked like after I CARRIED her in the house. And had TV on full blast. And had Jordan running around singing. And was cooking dinner. And Brandon came home. (I seriously almost called the doctor because she hit her head at the park and I was really worried).
Last week both girls started their dance classes. Jordan's is through the city's Park and Rec department but taught by a local dance studio. It's supposed to be for ages 2 and up. I asked if they'd make an exception for her and the dance studio said no, not for the 2 year old class (J will be 2 in May). So, I just figured we'd have to wait until summer. But then the city called back and the class didn't have enough kids to make it go (they need a minimum of 5 or 6) and the studio would be willing to make an exception to make the class go (ie - the studio wants its money!). We missed the first week because we were in Colorado. But she's gone twice now and LOVES it. Every time I peek in, she's very seriously watching her teacher and doing (or trying to do) what the teacher is showing them. You'd never know she's the youngest!
After 2 sessions with Park and Rec (they repeat the same stuff every session), we decided to put Allison in dance class at The Little Gym. They do 20 minutes tap, 20 minutes ballet and then 20 minutes in the gym for gymnastics. She's doing really well. The first week was rough (she didn't listen, didn't stand in line) but this week was much better. We like it that it's a lot more low key than a studio (let's face it, her middle name should not be Grace!). Plus, she's getting a lot of help with her gross motor skill development (which I think are still a little behind). Plus, she's comfortable there, so she's more willing to take risks than she was at the Park and Rec class.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment