Jordan started running a fever on Tuesday. Not a high one, but a fever nonetheless. And she was CRABBY (why I took her temp). It got worse as the day progressed (103 when she went to bed).
Wednesday, she woke up with a temp of about 102. And while I was changing her diaper, she looks at me and says, "Boo-boo." I didn't see any bruises or scratches, so I asked her where her boo-boo was. She points to her left ear. Great. So I cancelled our plans for the day (no Jazzercise for mommy!) and called the doctor. Took her in and the first ear they checked was her right one - no infection. But sure enough, as soon as they looked at the left - yep, infection. So now she's on antibiotics, ibuprofen and ear drops. Boo. So no plans for today either (still running a fever).
I am SHOCKED with how smart she is. She's not 20 months yet but she already knows how to communicate that she's sick. Amazing.
Side note: Alton Brown is my hero. I was going to make Chocolate Chip Cookies because I was supposed to host playgroup today. I decided that I still was going to make cookies (after dealing with a sick baby, I figured I deserved them!). I freakin' LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe. I make them with mini chocolate chips (so you get chocolate in every bite). And I use a smaller cookie scoop so they're almost bite sized. Perfect. :)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment