Jordan came home from school last week on Wednesday with a 101 fever. Needless to say, she was out of commission on Thursday and stayed home on Friday. We went to the doctor's on Thursday because I thought she had croup and she was VERY lethargic. No croup, just a virus. But we were supposed to watch her for signs of West Nile (since both girls are COVERED in mosquito bites again). Jordan was PITIFUL. She would just lay around and watch tv. When she finally would get up to play, if you reprimanded her AT ALL, she'd burst into tears. She's still like that now. I think it's because she's not sleeping well (coughing all night). I think the sickness is mostly gone, it's just breaking up now and she's not comfortable so she has on crabby pants - BIG TIME.
Saturday, Allison came down with a fever. Of over 102. But you never would have known she was sick. She was SOOOOOO good. Occassionally, she'd ask me for "orange medicine" (ibuprofen) and so I'd take her temperature. She's got the cough and stuff now too but she's doing much better recovering than Jordan.
At some point, I got it too. I was running a fever (which NEVER happens). That went away quickly but now I've lost my voice. It doesn't help that Jordan has been mega crabby. (That makes ME mega crabby). But things just got really quiet in the other room, so I went to investigate.
Here's how my children deal with being sick and cooped up in the house -
First, Allison
And Jordan
Passed out on the floor in Allison's room. Right before lunchtime. Which probably means she won't nap at naptime now. Hooray.





1 comments:
I adore Jordan's curls. :^)
Post a Comment