I was trying to get a cute picture of the girls together for the first day of school. Needless to say, that didn't happen!!
Well, since I'm posting this late, I can give you an update of the school year so far.
Allison is enjoying her class. She doesn't nap in this class (since she'll go to Kinder next year, this is the Kinder prep class). So if we're in the car for more than 10 minutes after I pick her up, she's OUT. And a few times, we've had to put her down for a nap when we get home because she's gotten too crabby. She's liking learning how to write her letters and use scissors. She still gets frustrated when she can't do it right away but we're working on teaching her the importance of practicing. She talks about one girl and 2 of the boys ALL THE TIME, so I think I know her little group. :) 2 of the kids she's had in her class since her 2 year old class. She did get in trouble one week for hitting. (I think she was excited and was just flailing. The teachers even said she wasn't angry or upset). Other than that, no major incidents! She loves show and tell each week. We installed a new rule - since you're not napping, monkey stays with mommy. It's actually going much better than I had hoped!
Jordan is a hoot. She doesn't even look back at me once she's in her classroom! I'm lucky if I get a half hearted flick of her hand as a goodbye wave. She has the same teachers Allison had when she first started and we just LOVE them. They are super duper sweet and the girls seem to really like them. Jordan's class is ALL GIRLS. Talk about drama!! There are usually a couple crying kids during drop off (not Jordan of course!). She loves telling me about how she "shared with her friends," "listened to her teacher" and "played outside". She has to keep Elmo and her burp rag in her backpack until naptime and she's doing really well with that. Plus, her teachers haven't put her in a diaper at all at naptime and she's had NO ACCIDENTS!! (We still do a diaper at home for nap, mainly for #2 accidents). One of the other 2 year old teachers stopped me the other day at pickup and told me how much Jordan cracks her up. "She's so social!!" she said. Apparently, she and Jordan had a 10 minute conversation the other day about her and Allison's Halloween costumes!
They had the firetruck/firefighters visit last week for Fire Safety month and the girls really enjoyed it. Next week, they are having Halloween parties! I can't wait to see what Jordan decides. So far she's wanted - a witch, a pumpkin, a pumpkin witch, Cinderella, Snow White, and Minnie Mouse. I think it's going to be Minnie Mouse. (We have Minnie, Tinkerbell and all the princesses, so we're safe there).



0 comments:
Post a Comment