Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I've Created A Potty Monster

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I watch Allison's friend Maggie. Maggie (although 2 months younger) has been potty-training for some time. Lately, it's really stuck. She's been in panties for a few days with only a few accidents. So when her mom dropped her off today, she was in panties.

I printed a motivational sticker chart for each of the girls (because Maggie gets a sticker when she goes). I let each of the girls pick a color and I wrote their name on the top. Allison was SUPER excited about it. I then got out the monkey stickers (a few different kinds) that we bought a while back for potty training. Again, Allison was SUPER excited. She wanted one. I told her no, that she only gets it when she potties. So she said, "Pee, poo please." I took off her pants and diaper and set her on her potty. After a few minutes, she stood up and looked in the bowl. Then she asked for a sticker. I said, "No. Only when you pee in the potty." This was repeated a few times over the course of 15 minutes or so. I finally convinced her she needed to put her diaper back on.

A few minutes after all of this, Maggie said, "Potty." So Maggie went into the bathroom (and Allison followed), peed on the potty and got to put a sticker on her chart. Needless to say, this started Allison all over again.

I feel so bad for her because she wants to very badly but just doesn't quite get it. Maggie has done great today. 2 times and no accidents yet. Poor Allison. Maybe this will help her though. It just sucks because this is NOT what I was planning for her. Maybe being around Maggie will help her to get it and I won't have to do any work! ;)

Allison had a dentist appointment today. I was a little nervous with all of the emotions that were going on with the potty. But she did great. She climbed right up into the chair and opened her mouth and let the dentist clean her teeth and paint the flouride on. Yay! She even got a prize for being so good - a monkey game.

Jordan was good at the dentist office too. She has started babbling - bababababa. So that's what she said the ENTIRE time we were there. She's very loud. I don't remember Allison ever being loud. This worries me a bit!

So that's our day so far. Keep your fingers crossed that Maggie doesn't have an accident at naptime and that being around Maggie and the potty helps Allison.

0 comments: