Having a dad who worked for the railroad (and who got called out in the middle of the night when there were derailments or accidents), I grew up with what I think of as a healthy fear of trains. This is the first time I've ever lived so close to a crossing BUT this is NOT the first time I've received lectures about train safety. In fact, I've gotten them so often that I already find myself lecturing the girls about it every time we're stopped at the gates. I already have the speech prepared for when they are dating and have curfew about being late if it's because of a train ("I'd rather have you come home 2 minutes late than not make it home at all.")
SO, needless to say, I HATE it when people disrespect crossings. Listen up folks, the lights and gates are there for a REASON. I've seen many cars, vans, etc. go around the gates. I've seen people park on the tracks when stopped at the light (a common occurence at our crossing). One of the cars I saw stopped on the tracks was a POLIC CAR. Well, today, the wrong person went around the gates in front of me (to not get stopped by a 3 car train, I might add). A delivery service van. With an identification number. So, yes, I was that crabby lady that called their headquarters to complain. And I am supposed to be getting a call from a manager later today.
I hate that I probably got someone in trouble, or even fired. But seriously, is the package you are delivering more important than your LIFE?
Okay. Thanks for sticking with me on this one. I really needed to vent about this.
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



1 comments:
Good for you for calling!
Post a Comment