Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Sneak Preview

We had our playgroup Halloween Party last Friday. It was a TON of fun! We couldn't stay too long but the girls still enjoyed themselves.

I tried a new recipe - pumpkin spice cake. Instead of making it in a bundt pan, I made it in a mini muffin pan that are mini bundts (they are like bite size donuts). I made a homemade cream cheese frosting and put Halloween sprinkles on them. I'm bummed I forgot to take a picture because instead of 1 big Bundt, it made 75 little ones. That's right, 75. I don't normally do low fat when I bake but I LOVE this recipe. I've made it twice now and both times it turned out WONDERFULLY. I used Splenda the first time and regular sugar the second time. To be honest, I didn't notice much of a difference. I really liked it both ways.

Here's Jordan getting ready. She was not a huge fan of wearing her costume. I think the shoes made her slip a little and then she'd get caught in her dress trying to stand up.

She's trying to take it off. :)

Allison didn't want her picture taken, so she thought I was taking a picture of monkey (hence the bizarre face).

Brandon came home from work a little early and was able to go with us.

We tried to get a group picture of all the kids. You ever tried herding cats? I'm pretty sure that is exponentially easier than trying to get 15-20 kids from 1-5 to sit in one spot and look at a camera. Jordan is showing off what a bee says (she makes raspberries).

The mom who hosted the party LOVES Halloween. Her house looks like she bought out the Halloween stores. It's AWESOME. She also has her degree in early childhood education and so she has TONS of books. She's doing a Halloween storytime for the kids (well, the ones that would sit still. Notice how Jordan is absent rom this picture!)

She was with Daddy, smelling the flowers!

The kids also played outside and jumped on the trampoline. I was busy helping Allison with her snack while Brandon was outside with Jordan, so I didn't get any pictures of that. We had to head home because we were watching Allison's friend Nora that night. The girls had a ton of fun though and Allison will still tell you, "There were 2 Ariels at the party." None of the other costumes seemed to make an impression on her! :)

0 comments: