Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

The girls chose their own Halloween costumes this year.  Jordan went through about 50 different ones - pumpkin, witch, clown, ladybug, etc.  She finally settled on Perry the Platypus/Agent P from "Phineas & Ferb" (a show on the Disney channel that the girls love).

Allison wanted to be Candace (the older sister from the show).  Brandon went to Salvation Army and found all the things she needed - red shirt, white shorts/skirt, red belt.  She already had the red socks and headband and I got the shoes at the consignment sale.


 Jordan's was a little trickier.  She's really not into Halloween this year.  I found some Agent P pjs at Target, a hat at the Dollar Store (which I added the black band) and she already had orange socks.  Halloween night, I made her a bill and a tail out of cardstock.  


She kept touching her tail.



We went with friends to another friend's cul-de-sac.  Because our neighborhood doesn't trick or treat and Brandon had class so I really didn't want to do the crazy busy city park and rec Halloween thing by myself.  It worked out perfectly.  Thank you so much to Stephanie and Rebekah!!!


This "guy gave Jordan 3 pieces because her costume was awesome."  (As told by Allison)


Their friend is there ahead of Jordan.  She was Barbie from "The Island Princess".  She's normally fairly reserved and shy but she led the way on Trick or Treating!!


The girls had a blast.  Allison had a little bit of trouble because she had just gotten her glasses and so the ground looks weird when you first start wearing them.  She tripped a LOT.  Once she spilled her whole bucket.  But her friends (and Jordan) helped her pick it all up.  VERY sweet.

The girls favorite - a guy dressed as Batman, with a life size M&M display giving out full size bags of M&Ms.  Jordan kept saying, "Bye, Batman!" "Thank you, Batman!" and other random things directed at him.  I'm so thankful to have great mommy friends!  The girls had a GREAT Halloween!

0 comments: