Wow...35 weeks. I'm just glad I made it through Michael and Bri's wedding! That would have been kind of embarassing to go into labor in a bridesmaid's dress! :) Everything is going well. My weird skin thing came back negative for this scary pregnancy related skin disorder, so it looks like it's just hives from something. I think they are most likely heat related because since I started keeping our bedroom (and the hotel room from the wedding weekend) at 12 degrees, the hives haven't been as bad. Here is a picture of Allison from the wedding: (Bev made the dress!)
We had an ultrasound last week and the baby is looking great. She's about 5 lbs, which puts her a little on the small side of average. If she keeps at the rate she is, she'll be about 7.5 lbs. We'll see (Allison was 7 lbs, 11 oz and they say that each baby is usually bigger than the previous).
I'm ready to have this baby. Brandon was out of town for a few days but he's home now, so I'm ready any day now! :) I feel HUGE and it's getting really hard to sleep at night. I get this weird pain in the back of my right hip and I feel paralyzed. It kind of limits the positions I can sleep in (weird, so does my huge belly!). Here's the 35 week picture (sort of....taken on the 16th).
Allison is getting to be such a big girl! We've cut Physical Therapy down to just once a week and hopefully shouldn't be going too much longer. She has picked up a couple more animal sounds (bee, chicken) and knows the ending to one of her books (Who said boo? The mouse! Everyone else said "EEEEEEEK!"....her eek is adorable!) We were able to get some bluebonnet pictures. There is this elderly couple that plant this huge field in front of their house. Anyone can come by and take pictures, they just ask that you bring back a print for their photo album. I guess in the digital age, not many people are bringing back prints, so the husband has approached a couple of the moms in our group when they had their kids there for pictures. The wife fell and broke her hip and is now in a home since she can't walk (she's 89). I'm going to TRY to make a bluebonnet card and send her the picture of Allison.
This one, Not this one. :)
We went to San Antonio last weekend (just Allison and I) for Stacey's baby shower. It was great seeing her at Michael's wedding. She looks great! This was my last trip before the baby makes her appearance! The shower was SO much fun. There were tons of games (and prizes!). Having a toddler really helps you out. I won the "fill in the blanks - nursery rhymes" game and the "what is this baby food?" tasting game. Brandon says I cheated. Allison LOVED Marcus and stayed in the back room where the boys were playing cards for a lot of the shower. It was pretty cute! She also loved pushing Stacey's stroller around the hall (it's the same one we have) with her monkey in the car seat.
I got a snow cone maker last week! I've been majorly craving snow cones lately. It's been so much fun to use!
Oh, and we got Allison a basketball goal. (It's only 40 inches high). It's super cute to watch her play. She really liked the one at Big Top Kidz (in SA) so I thought it might be fun for her to have one of her own. We also put a canopy over her playground in the backyard and put up our patio furniture. (I put Brandon to work when he comes home from being gone for 8 days straight!). I'll try and get some pictures of her playing soon. In the meantime, here are some of her playing at Big Top Kidz. (BTW - If you have little kids and are in San Antonio visiting or living, you HAVE to check this place out!!!)
That's all for now. Keep your fingers crossed that I go into labor soon. (I don't think Brandon can handle much more of my whining!)
Here are some silly pictures of Allison after the pigtails come out!
We've got a Rockies game today (and thanks to a guy Brandon works with, GREAT seats) and a doctor's appointment this week!!!! Should be some good posts coming up!



0 comments:
Post a Comment