Monday, April 7, 2008

I love weddings!

Weddings are SO much fun. Michael and Brianne's was no exception! I now have a sister! (Too bad they're moving to Colorado Springs!).

The shower on Wednesday went really well and we had a ton of fun (and good food!). We played some fun games. Michael was there for some of it and I think even he had a good time!


Thursday I spent a lot of time in the car. We drove to Austin and then I drove to pick up Bev and Kevin at the airport. Then I drove to go get lunch. Then I drove back to the hotel. Then I drove to pick up a groomsman and a bridesmaid at the airport. Then there was taking the groomsman to get his tux, the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. The dinner was a blast. Everyone LOVED Allison's tutu. For those who don't know, I am actually crafty! I'm really proud of myself since I became a stay-at-home mom. I've done Allison's first year scrapbook (and I think it looks amazing). I've decorated professional looking cakes, and now I've made a tutu. (Brandon thinks tutus are dumb). After the rehearsal dinner, Brandon went out with everyone to 6th St (and had a little too much fun!) and came back to the hotel at 215. Needless to say, I was already in bed.

Friday I had to get up early to get to the salon to get my hair done with the other bridesmaids. The wife of one of the groomsmen was super sweet and packed us a cooler bag with all kinds of good snacks. Then from there, we went to the wedding area to get ready. This place was GORGEOUS. We were a little nervous because when we woke up, it was cold, rainy and even hailing in some parts of Austin. But by the time we got there, it was beautiful out. The ceremony was very nice. My little cousins did a great job as ring bearer and flower girl. There was a little bit of a tense moment when the ring bearer decided the flower girl was taking too long and turned around and ran the other direction. But they convinced him to keep going so he turned back the right way and sprinted down the aisle. Adorable!! At one point, Allison tried to come to me! She was with her daddy and tried to come to me!!! (I guess there is a first time for everything!). After the ceremony was LOTS of pictures. I can't wait until the photographer posts them!! She's got some on her blog...they are WONDERFUL!!! Check it out!

The reception was a blast. Allison was walking around the table where most of the Kappa Sigs were sitting. She then decided as she was walking to grab Kansas' butt. That's right, Kansas' butt. He spun around and saw me but realized I was too far away to have done it. The look on his face was priceless. Then Brandon stands up and screams, "Get your hands off my daughter!" which is followed by Kansas screaming "She told me she was 18!" Needless to say, Allison had a boyfriend for the rest of the weekend. ;) Another great part of the reception was watching my little brother dance (and sing) "Ice, Ice Baby". Good thing I got some of it on video! It was really nice to get to see so many family and friends. I just wish I took more pictures! (Note: If you're reading this and you have pictures, please send them to me!!!)


Then we went back to San Antonio for the rest of the weekend. I got to go see the family I used to babysit for and they were all home (which is rare!). Their daughter is going to come stay with us for a week or so this summer to help me with both kids. I'm very excited about this! I just know she's a great babysitter (after all, she had 2 of the best role models!).


Allison slept the WHOLE way home. I made the best time ever! Then we went to Kemah with Heater and Adam on Monday. She LOVED Adam. It was pretty cute!

Adam went with me (thankfully!) to pick up the dogs. They were very good except for the last night, they ripped up our comforter and the kennel's sheet that was on the bed in their room. Not too bad for their first kenneling experience!

I'll try and get some pictures up soon....as soon as I get them from other people! :)

0 comments: