Friday, April 25, 2008

Update After Doctor's Visit

I'm past 1 cm and 40% effaced! She said my cervix looks "good for inducing" (whatever that means!) so my induction date is set for May 14th! That means that in 19 days, I will have a baby!!!!!!!!!!!! (It also means we have 19 days to pick a name!)

Now for those who didn't know...I DID ask to be induced. I was induced with Allison (because of Gestational Diabetes) and was only in labor for 3 hrs, 19 minutes. Supposedly inductions make labor last longer and your first labor is usually your longest. I was/am super paranoid that I will go into labor at home and that either 1) I will make it to the hospital but be too far along for an epidural - I'm not that strong or 2) The baby will be born on I-45 en route to the hospital. Plus, I'd like to make sure we can make arrangements so my mom and Brandon can be in the room with me again and so someone can watch Allison. Luckily my doctor said yes, as long as my cervix shows signs of being ready. Whoohoo!

Other news from the appointment...my blood pressure was good and there wasn't anything weird in the pee test. I've gained a total of 22 lbs so far (I gained 26 total with Allison). Everything is looking great!

Oh, and a big CONGRATULATIONS!!! to my cousin Karen and her hubby Mike. We just found out she's pregnant again and due 12/9! She and I have funny pregnancies. I found out I was pregnant with Allison on Karen's wedding day but didn't tell anyone. She knew she was pregnant at my baby shower for Allison but didn't tell anyone. This time, she knew she was pregnant at Michael and Bri's wedding but didn't tell anyone. Both of our babies (Allison and Nicholas...Baby NoName and her baby #2) will have the same birth years! How cool is that!?

0 comments: