So when Brandon went to the retail location of our internet, phone and cable company to RENEW our account (that's right, RENEW!), they somehow cancelled our phone service and reassigned our number to someone else. Yes, you read that right. So, we've been without home phone service since at least Sunday. Plus, since yesterday (at least) when you call MY home number, someone else answers. After probably 2-3 hours on my cell phone (I'll have to check my bill for the exact number of minutes) plus a trip out to the retail center with a newborn and a toddler, we are closer to getting phone service restored. Hopefully with our old number. The tech support guy that has been helping me is now just waiting on an email to be able to reassociate our number. I asked, "So, does that mean we're getting our number back?" He wouldn't say flat out yes or no but did say that "he's shooting for that" and it "looks good." Oh, and in the meantime, the service tech who was scheduled to come out (before we figured out that the problem was not related to our modem) still came out. I told him the situation and he said he'd put in the cancellation so we don't get charged for the service call. He also said that the issue could have occurred because about a month after we signed up last year, a new company took over the cable company. There could have been old codes in our account that made the system be weird when they tried to renew it. (Makes sense). He also said that he's surprised that it got reassigned so quickly because most phone providers put old numbers into a queue for 60-90 days before they reassign them (to keep stuff like this from happening).
So that's been my day in a nutshell. Oh and while putting together our new huge double stroller, I jammed my finger between two metal pieces and now I'm going to lose my fingernail. And my cell phone keeps losing signal. And Brandon is out of town so I'm a "single mom" for the night. On the bright side though, I still am getting meals delivered by my mom's group. I guess today is not all bad. :)
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



1 comments:
I want to call your old number and see who answers now! What a pain though :(
Post a Comment