My baby is 16 months today. :( She's no longer a baby. She reminds me of this DAILY but even more so when I check with my What To Expect book to see what types of milestones she should be meeting.
The ones that crack me up are verbal (she should have 10-15 words....she has over 35) and physical (she's just so far ahead of where Allison was that it makes me laugh). She really gets the whole "fork" thing and tries all the time (most of the time more than Allison does...Allison prefers to finger eat still). Everything the big kids are doing, Jordan wants to try to do.
We started a Little Gym class on Wednesdays while Allison is in school. Jordan is really enjoying it. (I'll take the camera this week). She loves playing with the balls and can already kick pretty well. She'll also try to do somersaults anytime you mention them. 
Another development is that we've realized that Jordan is slightly more like Michael than like Nathan (although according to Bev, she has a lot of Nathan's characteristics also). Like Nathan, she likes to observe first and then do (and without reserve once she's decided to "do").
HOWEVER, here are the newest "Michael" characteristics we've observed. Jordan HAS to be the center of attention and will do whatever silly or goofy thing she can to obtain her goal. Case In Point: This weekend, we sat down to watch Elmo before bedtime. Allison snuggled with Brandon and Jordan ran around in circles laughing until we all were laughing with her. This is a HUGE Michael character trait. I can (on more than once occassion....even in college) recall my brother standing in a crowded room yelling, "I'm Michael Bean! Everyone pay attention to me!!" And who can forget "The Michael Bean Show?" (I think Nick, Kasey and Steve were there for that. It involved jumping off of things).
The other Michael trait, you ask? Eating dog food. Yep, dog food. Michael used to LOVE the dog food at my Grandma's house and would even bypass saying hello to her to run to the back room and eat dog food. Jordan has this new obsession. (Allison thinks it's hilarious which adds to Jordan's reasons for doing it!).
See the similarities??????
She's also fearless (again, all Michael). She will dive headfirst into anything (sadly, I mean this literally!). It's so apparent, that I usually get comments from other parents while she's doing it (at the Children's Museum, Little Gym, Jazzercise, the Zoo, etc). She cracks people up, which again, makes her do whatever she's doing even more. SUCH a ham. Her little personality is really starting to shine!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment