We went to the zoo this past weekend. Now, why do you ask, is that special? Well, it was a trip of firsts. It was the first time we had been on an overcast, borderline rainy day. And it was AWESOME. We got to see tons of stuff we hadn't seen before!
Some other firsts - an elephant eating watermelon. They were doing the elephants' baths and training and were rewarding one with watermelon. Another they were rewarding with bread. Just regular white sandwich bread. Allison thought it was hilarious that the elephants were eating sandwiches and watermelon. Jordan LOVES the elephants. We probably could have stayed there MUCH longer than we did.
Another first - Brandon got to see the cheetahs (the girls and I have seen them). They're normally hiding.
Another first - we heard the female lion growl/roar/howl. I'm not sure what she was doing. It started when an ambulance siren was going off (the zoo is near the med center). She went to the edge of their enclosure and started making this very gutteral noise. If I hadn't actually seen her do it, I would have thought I was listening to an elk bugle.
Another first - we met a little girl named Allison Grace. Brandon reprimanded Allison at lunch for reaching for something without asking and the dad at the table next to us said, "I'm sorry....did you say Allison Grace?" Turns out their 6 year old is an Allison Grace. (Their little boy was named Lucas though).
Another first - Allison used the potty at the zoo and thought it was hilarious. (They have an animal pictured on the front of the door and the animal's behind on the back of the door). She kept saying stuff about the "monkey's bottom."
Not a first but a "usual" - the carousel. Allison rode the monkey with a banana. Jordan rode the elephant. I'm pretty sure elephants and penguins are her favorite. Ohhh.....maybe we should make a trip to Sea World over Thanksgiving Break!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment