A couple of weekends ago (I know, I know....I'm VERY late with this post), we went to Austin to see Uncle Mike and Aunt Mary. Mom and Dad drove up on Saturday too. We left Friday night (later than we wanted because I had to go and get a haircut and be out of the house all day Friday!). Overall though, it was a really good drive. The girls were good and got to watch movies. The drive was very uneventful. We (by we I mean I) have decided that we need to go to Brenham (home of Blue Bell ice cream....on the way from Houston to Austin!). We had the dogs with us this time, otherwise, I think I might have made Brandon stop.
We got there late Friday night. The girls, even though they didn't sleep in the car, were WOUND UP. They were very excited to see Mike, Mary, and of course Shiloh. They were also excited to meet Sophie, Mike and Mary's newest addition (Mike's grandmother's old fluffy little dog). After finally convincing them to go to bed (and then listening to Allison scream and cry because Jordan wouldn't lay down in the Pack and Play), we hit the hay too.
Saturday morning, Mom and Dad got there pretty early. Mary made a FANTASTIC breakfast and then she and my mom took the girls (and my van) to the children's museum. They had a BLAST. (I've got pictures posted on Shutterfly).
Now, why, you ask, did Brandon and I not go? Why did they take our vehicle and leave us? Well, Brandon and I had tickets to see WICKED! Whoohoo!!!!! That's right folks, I FINALLY saw it!! We had matinee tickets and got there insanely early. But then we got to enjoy lunch at the cafe inside the concert hall (followed by an adult beverage). We were on the second balcony FRONT ROW. I'm actually really happy with the seats we got because the first balcony front row probably was semi-obscured by all the lights. Our seats were just about perfect! I enjoyed the show SOOOOO much. I am so thankful that I was finally able to see it. I was moved to tears multiple times throughout the show (those who know me well know that doesn't take TOO much!). It was BEAUTIFUL.
When we got home, the girls were still napping. Apparently, when you try to get them to nap in the same room (as opposed to sleep at night in the same room) they laugh and giggle and keep each other awake for over an hour. So then they get to go swimming in Mary's backyard kiddie pool and eat popsicles.
This picture is of the pool, after naptime. Apparently, even empty pools are fun!
Mary's friends Jess and Katie came over for dinner and brought 2 more dogs - Dakota and Buttercup. For those keeping count, we're up to 6. Needless to say, the house was CRAZY. But the girls loved every minute of it!
Putting them to bed was an ordeal again (but not as bad). But once they were both asleep, it was okay.
Sunday morning, after breakfast, Mike wanted to take some pictures of the girls. Here's the best part of the weekend (well, 2nd best....after Wicked, of course!). The girls were a little hesitant at first but then Allison REALLY got into it!








If any of my photographer friends are reading this, make friends with a Harley person! Harley pictures would be SUCH a good session idea!


1 comments:
Those pictures are great!
Post a Comment