Jordan is 2 today. 2 years ago, our little threesome became a foursome. 2 years ago, we welcomed a 7 lb, 10 oz little bundle and couldn't decide for 36 hours what her name should be. 2 years ago, I became a mommy of not one, but 2 little girls. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect these 2 years to go by so quickly. I expected Jordan to stay a baby forever. Sadly, she has grown up quicker than we could have imagined.
Jordan is such an amazing little person. I say person because to me, she is so much more than a toddler.
She speaks in VERY clear, precise language and sentences. She told me the other day, "I'm going to ask Santa for Elmo toys when I see him." Seriously, what kind of 2 year old talks like that!?
She is SMART. She can count 1-10, and doesn't skip any numbers. She knows her ABCs and can recognize probably half of the letters (although O and Q are her favorites). She knows her colors. She knows most basic shapes and a few weird ones (hexagon, pentagon, octagon, crescent).
She can sing. Oh, boy, can she sing! She loves to randomly start singing her ABCs, Old MacDonald, the Barney I Love You song, and countless other nursery rhymes. She can even sing along with the "The Princess and the Frog" and "Beauty and the Beast" soundtracks.
She has to do everything her big sister does. We even had to have the City Park and Rec department give us an exception on the 2 year old dance class (the earliest they offer it). She's been in it since January and I think she's one of the better listeners there!!
She has to do everything ON HER OWN. God forbid you try to help her! What's crazy is that most of the time, she can actually do it! I'm just so used to having to help Allison that Little Miss Independent cracks me up.
She is amazingly sweet. She will randomly come and give out hugs and kisses, quickly, so as to not interrupt whatever important mission she was on before she was sidetracked by the thought of you. She loves animals, especially kitties. She is still learning how to be gentle though, so Snickers doesn't return the love. Hunter and Chloe though are more than happy to be petted and played with and ridden. (I secretly think they put up with her because everytime we come in from the garage, she stops at the doggie treat box to get them milkbones).
She is fearless. She climbs and slides and swings and swims and rolls and more. She loves her Little Gym class. She especially likes walking on the balance beam and will ALMOST do it without holding my hand (something Allison has just recently accomplished).
She is potty-trained. At 2!
She makes us laugh nonstop. Honestly, just thinking of her puts a smile on my face and a chuckle in my throat. I can't always even pinpoint the exact thing I'm thinking of from that day but the smile always appears.
She is an amazing little girl and we are so blessed to call her ours.
Happy Birthday, Jordan!!
5/14/08
5/14/09




1 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JORDAN!!
{I can't believe she's already TWO!}
Post a Comment