Friday, May 7, 2010

Taste of the Town 2010

The Rotary Club had a Taste of the Town again this year.  We LOVE this event!!  For $10 or $15, you can sample from TONS of the restaurants at our outdoor mall area.  We enjoyed this year's even more than last year!  (I'll tell you why in a bit).

We remembered swimsuits for the girls this year so they could play in the water after we ate.




We had to leave a little earlier than last year because Brandon had a softball game.  But we still bought raffle tickets, ate tons of food and had a really good time.

I had just put the girls to bed and he was at his game when the phone rang.  I didn't recognize the number so I almost didn't answer it but I'm SOOO glad I did.  Apparently even though there were TONS of tickets sold (and bought the first 3), we WON the 40" flat screen TV!!  "Could I come pick it up?" the man asks.  Brandon doesn't take his phone in to his games so I couldn't get a hold of him.  I really didn't want to wake the girls up.  So luckily my neighbor is a saint and came over even though she had a migraine.  She sat and listened to the girls on the monitor while I went and picked up the tv.  Brandon had a HUGE surprise when he got home that night!!  We spent more on the mount and the DVD player than we did on the TV!  But he was VERY happy.  We had been talking about getting a TV for our bedroom for a while.  We just hadn't come to a final decision on anything.  $10 later, our decision was made for us! ;)

0 comments: