I first want to apologize to Clarissa. :) (And I hope your PT time is going well!!)
BUT........
JORDAN IS POTTY-TRAINED!!!!!
And best of all, she pretty much did it herself.
A while back, after bathtime, a naked Jordan told me, "Uh-oh! Peepee!" I looked on the floor and there wasn't any pee. I realized she was telling me that she had to go. So we raced down the hall and onto the potty she went. And she went! Whoohoo!!
Since then, if we're home and have nothing else to do, we'll let her run around pantsless. We tried panties a couple of times but she would go through them (not enough dexterity to pull them down yet!). We tried Pull-Ups but she just went in them. She didn't "get" that they weren't diapers. 2 weekends ago, she had a bit of an epiphany. She had her first #2 accident, not in a potty, not in panties. Twice more that day though, she did it IN THE POTTY. And all the time, telling us before she headed there (whether it was pee or poo).
So last Monday, we decided to take the plunge. And she's been wearing panties since. We've had 3-4 pee accidents and 2 poo. In 8 days. Allison had 6 pee accidents her first day of panties. She is SUPER excited to be a big girl. Did we have to bribe with food, toys, or ponies? Nope. Just stamps and stickers and lots and lots of hugs work for her! She even is choosing to go on the big toilet, not the potty a lot of the time (something that took Allison about a year to do). We're still doing diapers at nap and bedtime. But she's been waking up dry a lot at nap. Going from 6 diapers a day to 1 or 2? I'll take it!
Jordan is not even 2 yet. That's right, folks, she'll be 2 this Friday.
Potty-trained before 2. This kid is a rock star!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



3 comments:
I'm with you, going from diapers all day to just nap time and bedtime (well, pull ups here) is AWESOME! But the not having enough dexterity to pull down the panties sort of sucks.
Also, can you believe these girls are already almost 2?!
1) Um, so not fair that Jordan is potty trained.
2) Thanks for the well wishes!
3) PT is going...
Good job Jordan!! Way to beat my boy!
LOL, you didn't rub it in! I was just giving you a hard time. But I'm still envious that she's already potty trained. ;)
Post a Comment