Monday, January 3, 2011

Crafts

The blog, like everything else right now, has taken a backseat to getting ready for our Disney World trip.  BUT that doesn't mean I didn't do any crafts for the trip!

Here are the autograph books I made for the girls.  They are padded books (thanks to my FIL Kevin for cutting the boards and drilling holes for me).  I put batting and fabric on the front and back of the books and then covered the open space with coordinating paper.  The books are 5x7 with 4x6 white pages for the characters to sign.  I covered the ugly metal rings with ribbon to make them prettier.  I plan on having the girls attach their pens (big fat ones to make it easier for characters to hold) to a long piece of ribbon.

Here's Jordan's:



And Allison's:



I'm REALLY happy with how they turned out.  The plan for once we get home is to take the signatures out of the books and put them into photo albums the girls got at Big Lots next to pictures of that character.

Here's another Disney craft.

Since the girls LOVED doing the Christmas countdowns, I wanted to make one for Disney.  But I really don't have usable wall space that's at a spot where they can reach it.  Plus, I wanted them to be able to see it all the time (like our Christmas countdowns).  I had a roll of magnet tape, so I decided to use some scrap paper, my Cricut and the magnet tape and make magnets.
 

I did red/white on the numbers because I thought the red/yellow there too would be too much, but in retrospect, I think I could have done red/yellow and it would actually have looked better.  But overall, not bad for a quick countdown craft!

0 comments: