Thursday, May 8, 2008

38 Weeks (6 days left!)

Our doctor's appointment yesterday went really well. I gained a pound (23 overall) and my blood pressure was perfect.

My BP always makes Brandon mad. I don't exercise. I eat ok but not great. I could eat a ton of salty food, drink a 6 pack of Mountain Dew, go run and down the hallway 10 times and then take my blood pressure and it would be perfect. (Brandon's is always sort of high).

Back to the visit....everything looks good. I've progressed since last week but not too much. This means the doctor is not worried that I'm going to go into labor this weekend (which is good because she's out of town and my mom doesn't get here until Sunday late afternoon!). I've got LOTS of backup plans from the moms in my moms group if something should happen before Wednesday. I have to go to the hospital on Tuesday afternoon for some bloodwork and paperwork (induction is considered like an operation) and then again Wednesday am at 7! So we should hopefully have a baby by Wednesday afternoon!!!!

That's all here. I'm just taking it easy until next week!! I've learned in the past few days that spicy foods DEFINITELY make me have contractions so we'll be avoiding those. Other than that, just hanging out, getting ready for baby 2 to make her appearance! (And no, we haven't decided on a name yet!)

0 comments: