Thursday, May 1, 2008

37 Weeks!

Well, we're almost there! My doctor's appointment today was great. I haven't gained any weight since last time (so we're still at 22 lbs total). Plus, I was between 1 and 2 cm still and about 50% effaced. The baby is at a -3 station. The doctor is fairly confident I won't go into labor on my own before the 14th, so we're scheduled for induction! Yay! I'll probably go in around 7 am and then start the Pitocin (medication to help get my contractions going) and then she'll break my water when my contractions get more regular and I can have my epidural whenever. Then the baby will be here! Brandon is hoping that I'm in labor until 12:01 on the 15th so the baby will have his dad's birthday. The doctor says "No one wants a midnight baby". Also, I don't think Brandon fully understands what it would be like if I was in labor for 17 hours for baby 2 after only being in labor for 3 with Allison.


Allison and I had a very eventful day. We watched 2 little girls from our mom's group while their older sister had a minor surgery (but had to be under general anesthesia) so her mom and dad could be with her. The younger of the 2 girls is 9 months younger than Allison and the older is 8 months older than Allison. Needless to say, I was VERY busy. You definitely could tell that Allison and the youngest little girl are used to being the only one held in their house. I had a little bit of drama whenever I would pick one up and not the other one!


Not much else is new. We're just getting ready for baby. More updates next week!

1 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Home stretch! Good luck Lady