Wednesday, May 14, 2008

BIG NEWS (Brandon Mass Email)

We've been waiting for over nine months and here it is...GOLDFINGER HAS A NEW ALBUM!!!!!
Oh yeah, and we had a kid! She still doesn't have a name (you can stop groaning already, you knew the kid was doomed when the precursor to her name is "Brandon's kid") but other than that she is perfect. Her starts are:

1) She is 7 lbs, 10 oz,
2) She loves the Broncos
3) She is 19.5"
4) She hates the Raiders and the Red Wings
5) She was born at 4:34 pm on 5/14/2008
6) She hates boys so keep your grubby little hands away from her.
7) She's already composing her third mass email





I've attached a few pics. One is just a hilarious sign that was posted in the bathroom of the delivery room. Seriously, did you really need that sign to tell you that if you're plugged into a wall socket you shouldn't be taking a shower? If you want more pics then checkout http://www.theschrenks.shutterfly.com/. You'll probably see another mass email in a day or two, but you can always look at theschrenks.blogspot.com to see what's going on with us. Think about, if you'd already checked those websites, you wouldn't be wasting your time with this email...

It's crazy - a first kid is pretty amazing and very cool, but having the second kid is kind of like when you hear a Journey song at a wedding. The wedding was going along just fine and you're glad you're there, but then all of a sudden you hear a piano intro, followed by "Just a small town boy..." and you think "man, this wedding was cool, but now it's on like tic tac toe when I get to go first" and you start to sing along and then jump around and by that point Amy's already distracted by something so she's not there to tell you to quit screwing around with your buddies no matter how loud Chad is screaming "BRUCE", and then you're hugging your buddies and the camera crew is there taking pictures because you're making a complete fool out of yourself but you don't care because the moment is so much cooler than you'd ever thought it could be...yeah, that's just like a second kid.

She really is amazing and despite what Amy may try to tell you I just got something caught in my eye when she was born. I'm spending the nights at home trying life as a single parent while Amy's mom helps her out at the hospital. Then in the days, Amy's mom takes Allison and I get to see the other of the two coolest chicks that humanity has ever produced.

I'm exhausted - sure Amy had a rough day, but she just laid around for most of it. I, on the other hand, spent most of my day standing around asking Amy if she was done yet and why it was taking so long (I've found that girls appreciate when you give them constructive criticism). Amy was actually amazing - despite the fact that she was in labor, she kept apologizing for being cranky. There is no doubt I have the most amazing wife around and I really hope that my daughter's grow to be just like her.

If you have kids, I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine. If you don't have kids, it's time to start working on them (especially if your name is Sean, Lindsey, Wade or Suzanne)

B

PS. Apparently having kids is like 9-ball and techmo bowl...I win again! And congrats on Englewood.(you know who you are)

1 comments:

John said...

congratulations!! Jordan is so cute! From what I recall she looks a lot like Allison when she was born, I will ave to go back through your pictures to see again! I can't wait until June!