Tuesday, March 2, 2010

BUSY, busy, busy and Brussel Sprouts

We're still here, I promise!! I've been getting ready for the JBF consignment sale, so that's taken up most of my free time lately. The presale starts tomorrow, so hopefully after this week, things will calm down a bit.

Funny Allison story to hold you over:
Allison was eating her dinner the other night and that dinner included brussel sprouts. Brandon took a bite of his and told me that they tasted funny (they were leftovers). I tried them and gagged. The brussel sprouts were indeed bad. We immediately took them from Allison, who insisted they were fine and then burst into tears when we put them down the garbage disposal. Popcorn didn't help. We had to bribe her with GOING OUT FOR ICE CREAM if she would stop asking for brussel sprouts (we didn't have any more in the freezer).

So I'm pretty sure this was a first in the world occurrence - bribing your kid with ice cream to stop asking for brussel sprouts. :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't blame her, they are good! Haha, too cute!

Elsha said...

Kalena loves brussels spouts, but we've never had to take them away, so I can't say we've had to bribe her with ice cream to stop asking for them:) She was pretty sad last night when we ran out of sauteed mushrooms though. She kept pointing at where they had been on her plate and asking for more.