I'm downloading pictures today, I promise! And I think I'm taking Jordan to get her first haircut. So there will be a picture post in the future.
Here are some cute stories to tide you over -
The other day, Brandon and I were downstairs getting dinner ready. Allison and Jordan were upstairs playing in the playroom. Allison, dressed in her Tinkerbell costume and green shoes, plus tons of jewelry, comes to the top of the stairs and says, "Look, Daddy! Look how pretty I am!" Then we hear the thump-thump-thump-thump of Jordan running down the hall. She's wearing tons of jewelry too. She stops and says, "Look, Daddy! I'm pretty too!" It was adorable. That kid just has to do everything big sister does, no matter that there's a 21 month difference!
I was in the computer room one of the days Allison was at school (so it was just Jordan and me at home). Jordan comes down the hall wearing a baseball hat (backwards, of course). I told her that she looks cute. So she goes running back to the playroom and returns with her dalmatian, wearing a baseball hat backwards and proclaims, "We're cute!"
A couple of nights ago, we played outside after dinner and both girls were exceptionally clumsy. Allison's knees were pretty scraped up. Brandon wiped them off as they got in the tub and Allison says, "Look, Daddy! My boo-boos are gone. They went home with their mommy to go to sleep!" Later in the bath, both girls put funnels on their head, called them birthday hats and sang happy birthday - to the boo boos.
We went out to eat on Saturday and tried a new Chinese place. It was pretty good but our fortunes cracked us up!
Brandon: Today is a perfect day to give that special someone a gift. (This was the only one that wasn't great)
Jordan: Only those who dare, truly live. (Perfect for our little daredevil!)
Allison: Look ahead or you won't get ahead. (We took this as "Allison, watch where you're walking!")
Amy: Take a vacation. You will have unexpected gains. (How many days until our cruise!?)
We've also started working with Jordan on potty training. The first time she went, she sat on the potty but didn't remove her panties. So I'm counting that as a success, not an accident! She had 3 other successes and 1 #2 accident during the day. When Daddy took them outside and I went to Jazzercise, it was another story. She had an accident (minor one) in the house before they went out. But she was in the bathroom, trying to sit on the toilet, and she just didn't get her panties off. But apparently that wasn't all because when they went outside, she had the rest of the accident. Not too bad though for her first day in panties. We're going to try again today after naptime. Keep your fingers crossed!!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
8 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment