St. Patrick's Day was fun. The girls had a St. Patrick's Day afternoon playdate at a local park with our mom's group. I made cake balls (I used Paula Deen's recipe). Brandon was able to leave work a little early and meet us there. I made corned beef and veggies (in the crockpot!). And Brandon and I drank Guiness for dinner. It was a great day. (And yes, my girls LOVE corned beef). Sadly, this were the only pictures I got!


That weekend, we went to the Houston Rodeo. Allison was SO excited to get to have her hair in braided pigtails. Both girls were happy to wear their boots.

We got there not too long after the gates opened. The carnival stuff still wasn't open, so we decided to go inside first.
On one half of the inside is a kid's area. They have trading cards to collect and even some animal characters to meet. Here the girls are with Miss Moo. The trading cards represent 11 (I think) different farm animals important to Texas agriculture and represented in the kid's area at Rodeo. Well, not all animals. One of the cards is a farmer.
Jordan was VERY happy to see pigs, especially the piglets.
Check out this one snoozing on top of his litter mates (I don't think that's the right term but I'm not sure.....)
Ah, the tractor. There is always a tractor to take pictures on (and it's in the area where you collect the Farmer card). It was like herding cats trying to get a good picture of both girls.
Allison wanted to get down and explore. Jordan wanted to get to work!
Here is the donkey advertising the Donkey and Mule Show. (Have NO idea what that's about....the girls just wanted to go hug and high five him since he's a costumed character).
Checkin' out the chickens
They really liked the chicks. We went the last weekend of rodeo this year, so there weren't a lot of eggs left (so there were TONS of chicks).
Allison liked the rabbit exhibit. They got to pet a rabbit this year!
As we passed the pony ride, Jordan went into HYSTERICS. "PLEASE, please, please!?!?!?" So of course, we gave in. The pictures weren't great (the lighting is weird inside the building) but the girls had a blast. Allison's pony was Dr. Pepper and Jordan's was Dolly.
We went outside and were debating what to do since it was 10:50 but Allison was already asking for food. Then, the sky opened up. It POURED. Luckily, we were right by the food tents, so we ducked in and ate an early lunch. It let up a little but was still sprinkling when we finished, so we ran to the car. The girls were a little bummed they didn't get to ride carnival rides (and so was Brandon!). But the Pasadena Strawberry Festival is coming up over Jordan's birthday weekend, so they'll get some rides then.
0 comments:
Post a Comment