Monday, July 14, 2008

23 Months and 2 Months

Wow...is that really how old my girls are?!? I can't believe it!
We've had a big few weeks. Jordan is now smiling all the time. She especially thinks diaper changes and ceiling fans are hilarious. She also laughed in her sleep on Saturday morning. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. It was so loud, it woke Brandon up! And she has rolled to her side a few times.



We had a great 4th of July. We went to Sean and Lindsey's and I made these GREAT cupcakes. They were red velvet with blue frosting. Messy!!! Oh, and we played this game, and Brandon had to lap his beer like a cat. Nice! (No, Allison is not eating a hotdog like that....it's just the bun).


Later that weekend, we went to a friend's house for dinner and I took the rest of the cupcakes. Here is a GREAT future blackmail picture of Allison!
Allison is doing great. She's had a bunch of birthday parties to go to so that has been a lot of fun. She also started swimming lessons. The first day was ROUGH so we were a little nervous on how 4 weeks would go. But since day 2, she's been doing great. (She takes them in the evening with Brandon). I went last Wednesday and took pictures. She also still LOVES helping us. After Jordan is finished with her bottle, Allison takes it and puts in the sink. She thinks she's such a big girl!
She's such a big girl, she can double fist it!! ;)
Here are some pictures from the birthday party:
And some from the swim lessons:


Last night, Allison decided to put all of her dog stuffed animals on Hunter. Needless to say, he was SUPER excited. And she posed for some pictures with Monkey.
We also got our Broncos pictures done (finally). Allison was a LITTLE more cooperative this time but not by much. We were able to get some good shots though. It was amazing to see how much Jordan changed in the 2 weeks between tries.

Jordan is 2 months today. I can't believe she's already this old!! It makes me sad how fast time is flying by. I've heard it just gets faster from here out. Her 2 month doctor's appointment is tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see how much she's grown. Plus, we have a lot of questions for the doctor. (Like, how can we get her to sleep better! Notice how she's only sleeping on us or in something besides her crib.)
Oh, another first - for Allison this time. Tomato Soup. Now those of you without kids may not realize what a milestone this is. Soup is really complicated for a two year old! I think she got most of it in her mouth....

Overall though, everything is going really well. I've started going to Jazzercise almost every day and I've already lost over 5 pounds! I feel better too which is huge. I have a lot more energy and I feel more positive about everything in general.

My mom is coming in town this weekend. I can't wait! We're going to go out to The Cheesecake Factory (just Brandon and I) and we're going to get to see The Dark Knight (Brandon, a friend of his and me). Is it bad that we plan my mom's visits around movie premieres? ;)

We're starting to make plans for Allison's birthday party. I'm doing a Beach Monkey Theme and we're going to have kiddie pools and water slides for the kiddos. Super excited!!! And we're doing a monkey playdate with her playgroup that week too. Apparently there is a new Wilton Monkey pan...I need to check that out.

We're also starting to make plans for Christmas. (I know..it's early). We have to figure out flights to Colorado that won't completely break our bank account and then we have to make sure the kennel has availability for the dogs. Oh and we have to find someone to come over to the house and feed the cat. Remember when traveling used to be easy!?!? It's looking like we'll probably be in Colorado before Christmas, splitting time between Longmont and Colorado Springs. We're going to try to do another dinner get-together with everyone who is still in town (but if we go out, it will be minus a 2 year old this time!).

Oh, and speaking of the dogs, here is a great picture. Please disregard how messy our room is. And yes, the dogs have torn my bedskirt. But apparently, it makes for a great hiding spot!


I think that's all that's new here. If anyone has any sleeping or potty-training hints, please let me know. (I can't believe potty training is coming up!!! AHHHHH!!!).
Take care!

3 comments:

Elsha said...

No help here on the sleeping-- we are dealing with the same thing! So if you find something that works let me know.

John said...

Leah = BAD SLEEPER!!!! 5 or 6 months is a better time to really stress about it. Leah slept a lot in her swing, on/with us, in her bouncy seat, in a sling/wrap. Wish I could be more helpful, I just could not leave Leah to cry when she was tiny so we lacked sleep for a long time!

And I can't wait to see you in December! If I am stuck at home in labor or with a one day old I might bribe you to stop by and visit on your trip from Longmont to Colorado Springs!!

Salina said...

I am adamantly opposed to cry it out at such a young age...from everything I read it can be very damaging, so I'm glad to see that you aren't doing that. Cooper has always been a good sleeper, but lately he's been tougher to get to sleep (everything is too interesting).

I say enjoy letting her sleep with you for now, she's still little. I highly recommend a Moby wrap to free up your hands (you can make your own if you google how and then use their website to learn to wrap). We've found that routine, routine, routine has helped. Find a 'sleep' routine and follow it. Bouncing with him on the yoga ball has been super helpful!

Check out www.thenestbaby.com chat boards to connect with other mothers that might have some good ideas.

Good luck!!