Thursday, July 3, 2008

Mommy Exercise

Okay, so I decided it was time to get off my butt and do something. I only have 10 or so pounds to lose to get back to pre-Jordan weight and then another 4 to get to pre-Allison but I feel really yucky. I have back fat....seriously, back fat. Yuck! SO, after listening to the options from the moms in my group (YMCA, 24 Hour Fitness, Jazzercise) I decided Jazzercise was best for me. Now for those who have seen my dancing skills (not very many...Misty, Erin, Heater) I know you are rolling over laughing right now. But actually, it's not too bad. It's a combo of dance, aerobics, kickboxing (which I can still do! I got comments on how high my kicks were!!!), and some weights and stretching. Plus there is super cheap child care. I've really enjoyed it so far. I decided on Jazzercise because 24 Hour is far enough away that I KNOW I'd find excuses not to go (plus I had bad experiences there in Cali) and the Y is the same situation. Jazzercise is literally 2 minutes away.

Oh, and no, we don't wear leotards and leggings!!!

2 comments:

Salina said...

Yay for getting back to excercising! It's tough at first, but it feels great now!

p.s. You are missing the 's' in Derichsweiler Family on links...you also have us down as Salina and Chris. :)

The Wunneburgers said...

Boo...it's not Jazzercise without leotards and leggings!!

Good for you! I need to get back in the gym, but I'm an expert excuse maker......